MGS01 with bigbore watercooled engine

Paul Minnaert

This MGS01 is still for sale- back on EBAY and the price has fallen from £14000 to £12500 eventually!

67621[/snapback]

the auction is done. He didn't get ONE bid at 12.500 UK Pounds...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedone...so it's you who purchased the "Pro-Thunder", I was asking Arnold who he sold it to and he replied...a guy down in SoCal.  Funny also I was asking Greg Fields to ask Todd Eagen who eventually purchased it.  That is a very cool bike

and quite fast when it's right, too bad it's a total loss system and because the crank is "lopped" off no chance of a charging system so it could be converted for street use.  So take it to the track and blow peoples mind with the authoritative exhaust note.  People love that bike...we met people we would never have met in the pits at Daytona...most wanted the "underdog" to win in the 750 Supersport.

67329[/snapback]

I've got a virgin RaceCo stroker crank (82mm) with the tapered street nose on it. One of the last batch ever built. I bought it from Charlie Cole a while back for a future project but I've put a lot of my projects on hold while trying to decide how to acquire a Griso when they arrive. That includes forgoing a stroker engine for the Bugswatter. So... I could probably be talked out of the crank if you're interested in doing an enlarged 4V. Zebulon and the rest can tell you more about the pros and cons of the enlarged 4V's.

Guest jedione68
I've got a virgin RaceCo stroker crank (82mm) with the tapered street nose on it. One of the last batch ever built. I bought it from Charlie Cole a while back for a future project but I've put a lot of my projects on hold while trying to decide how to acquire a Griso when they arrive. That includes forgoing a stroker engine for the Bugswatter. So... I could probably be talked out of the crank if you're interested in doing an enlarged 4V. Zebulon and the rest can tell you more about the pros and cons of the enlarged 4V's.

68547[/snapback]

Callison,

Whats up my brother.

I'd be interseted in your crank, I'll have to look into it some more,

since I don't know very much about this 4 valve engine.

I know she's at 1225 cc right now, which seems like a pretty bike

bore already... compared to the orginal 1000 cc.

And like you, I have some other projects that are ahead of G.B.

For now I just want to keep her the way she came...

But I know down the road and the Honeymoon has worn off a little,

I'll be itching to make her into to a street machine.

So please stay in contact with me about your crank.

Peace, and rubber side down.

Jedione

Callison,

Whats up my brother.

I'd be interseted in your crank, I'll have to look into it some more,

since I don't know very much about this 4 valve engine.

I know she's at 1225 cc right now, which seems like a pretty bike

bore already... compared to the orginal 1000 cc.

And like you, I have some other projects that are ahead of G.B.

For now I just want to keep her the way she came...

But I know down the road and the Honeymoon has worn off a little,

I'll be itching to make her into to a street machine.

So please stay in contact with me about your crank.

Peace, and rubber side down.

Jedione

68559[/snapback]

The RaceCo crank should be the same stroke as yours (2mm over stock). This is one of the last ones made that have the tapered nose for the alternator stuff if you want to go streetable.

The RaceCo crank should be the same stroke as yours (2mm over stock)

well carl, a 4v engine has 78mm stroke stock. And 1225 is nothing else as 100x78mm. What I know is that for 82mm, dynotec used a cosworth crank in his Guzzilla. And in the end, even that broke. 100x 82 gives a lot more cc's that the crank has to deal with. 82 sounds like fun, and a bit danger.

Guest jedione68
The RaceCo crank should be the same stroke as yours (2mm over stock). This is one of the last ones made that have the tapered nose for the alternator stuff if you want to go streetable.

68591[/snapback]

Awsome!!!

I'll start saving some cash.

Looking forward to riding her at Laguna Seca this

upcomming week with Racer X showing me

whats up!

Jedione68

well carl, a 4v engine has 78mm stroke stock. And 1225 is nothing else as 100x78mm. What I know is that for 82mm, dynotec used a cosworth crank in his Guzzilla. And in the end, even that broke.  100x 82 gives a lot more cc's that the crank has to deal with. 82 sounds like fun, and a bit danger.

68594[/snapback]

Oops. My bad. Blew that one didn't I?

Guest jedione68
well carl, a 4v engine has 78mm stroke stock. And 1225 is nothing else as 100x78mm. What I know is that for 82mm, dynotec used a cosworth crank in his Guzzilla. And in the end, even that broke.  100x 82 gives a lot more cc's that the crank has to deal with. 82 sounds like fun, and a bit danger.

68594[/snapback]

Paul,

With the G.B. which was bored out to 1225 cc

Which crank would they have put in there?

78? 80? 82? Since I'm mentally shopping for

the future.

Also, since she comes with a chopped crank for the

total lose system... I was thinking, hhimmm.

"What if I machined something onto/into the end of the

crank, to attach a charging system?

Or what if I did some thing off the cam pullies???

Whattcha think, being that you have made so many one

off parts for your projects.

Peace,

Jedione

If it is a 1225, what I think it is, it has a 78mm crank. But easy to measure through the spark plughole.

There are other points where you can attach an alternator, only the frame might be in the way. I have once seen a german guzzi that has a charger with a belt around the flywheel. But that one had a tonti frome, so the spine wasn't in the way.

The pro thunder have a 78 mm crank, the g&b use the same "old" dynotec pistons.

The 82 mm crank needs some special conrods and it is a 1300 cc bike with the 101 mm pistons.

The MGS-01 use a lot of parts that were tested on the pro thunder so if trouble you could easely find what you need against some few bolocks :luigi:

:2c:

Now dynotec use different crank in 82 mm they have a lot of trouble with the cosworth one so this is the same factory than made crank for Porsche who build the new one.

They don't seem to have trouble with the one