Extremely Graphic (est. 174mph off)

orangeokie

Sorry for the rant orangeoakie - thanks for the larger photos that you posted. It's probably my software that won't enlarge the thumbnails.  :)  :)

69454[/snapback]

Not your fault. It's my hosting site. I tried to link to the extra fancy, super duper quality pics and it blocked them from everyone but me. I had no idea that others couldn't see them until I saw the bold green announcement. :bier:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack
I wonder why there are tennis shoes & riding boots in the picture. You cant wear both at the same time. I think Darwin would call that thinning the herd, I forget the exact term for it but thats what happens when you lose control.

69465[/snapback]

Just speculation, o'course, but maybe he was carrying tennis shoes to walk around in.

I b'lieve this perfectly illustrates the principle of self-limiting behavior, aka "extracting one's genes from the gene pool"... <_<

I b'lieve this perfectly illustrates the principle of self-limiting behavior, aka "extracting one's genes from the gene pool"... <_>

69467[/snapback]

I think "natural selection" is the term I was looking for. It was probably a young inexperienced rider who bought a gsxr 1000 as his first bike. I've read in MotorCyclist magazine that these bikes will crush you like a bug if you get careless. Those types of photos should be published in all the sportbike magazines so that young males can see firsthand the consequenses of too much power too soon. Of course those photos will never be in a magazine, the bike manufacturers would shit themselves if that ever happened.

Guest ratchethack

Yeah, Darwin's theory of natural selection, aka "survival of the fittest" had it's time in the sun, but hard science has been shooting lots of holes in it lately. For example, how to explain this: :whistle:

Yeah, Darwin's theory of natural selection, aka "survival of the fittest" had it's time in the sun, but hard science has been shooting lots of holes in it lately.  For example, how to explain this: :whistle:

69472[/snapback]

Don't get me started on the tack welding nothing but monkey wrenching antics of the tuttles. Maybe if they actually "built" a motorcycle instead of assembling it from parts everyone else did for you. I know lots of ppl that can handle doing the 'flair' and bodging with similar results just need the capital.

:2c:

but thats why biker build off is tops for me. is it still on tho? I haven't watched in forever.

Guest Britcheflee

I am sure that there are just as many graphic pictures of car accidents - the only difference is that all the bits of the body are contained inside the car!!!!!!!!!

Last weekend I flipped an ATV on myself going up a hill that was too steep....there was a moment of hhmmmmm....this doesnt seem right then thump crash - I mentioned to my brother in law (who had my ATV roll down on him) that at the moment it happened I didnt feel any fear at all.....I imagine in this case it was a moment of eh? Then bang.....its over.

Think Ill put my training wheels back on next spring!!!!!!

Lee

Yeah, Darwin's theory of natural selection had it's time in the sun, but hard science has been shooting lots of holes in it lately.  For example, how to explain this: :whistle:

69472[/snapback]

:P

Lard, like cream, rises to the top.

Darwinian theory actually explains it.

It is not about the survival of the individual, but the survival of the species.

Them Harley folk are gonna outlast us Guzzi folk because their wreckless life style actually leads to a proliferation of the species....

I feel kind of sick looking at that. Mind you, I doubt if he felt a thing. What did he hit? The tree? Then bounced back across the road?

Guest ratchethack
:P

Lard, like cream, rises to the top.

Darwinian theory actually  explains it.

Them Harley folk are gonna outlast us Guzzi folk because their wreckless life style actually leads to a proliferation of the species....

Dave, I guess you realize such logic is terrifying... :o

But I reckon you're right. The Tuetle Trio phenomenon doesn't lend itself very well to the theory of "Intelligent Design", either...Brrrrrbbbbbbbgggghhhh! :bbblll::vomit:

BTW - not to be a picker of nits, but "reckless" - evidently. "Wreckless" - evidently not. :nerd:

Just speculation, o'course, but maybe he was carrying tennis shoes to walk around in.

I b'lieve this perfectly illustrates the principle of self-limiting behavior, aka "extracting one's genes from the gene pool"... <_>

69467[/snapback]

I think we do this sad colleague (and other people) no justice if we use his death to celebrate our pretended better fitted genes, just because we actually are alive.

:vomit:

If one needs more stuff for discussions like this, go here (you have to type the link):

xxx.rotten.com

Hubert

Oh I've been to rotten b4. Its not that bad. I don't think at least 'I' don't think anyone was trying to make light of the situation as much as its a sad ordeal brought on by poor judements I'm sure we've all made some on one level or another and gotten lucky maybe without even knowing it gotten lucky. Any mild humor is more a defense of our own inadequicies?. But his could have been the rider avoiding a random Kangaroo or a kiwi bird I Don't know what they have there and at 175 the tiniest little correction pays off in huge other direction dividends. I say unless you are prepared (not ready just prepared) to die then the needle should never go that high without much training and a much more secure location in which to stretch ones legs. Even professional on closed groomed tracks take nasty spills doesn't put the odds in average joes favor one bit.

But ponder this for a second.

Think of the DUMBEST person you've ever met just complete moron. Well someone twice as stupid as that person probably has a Drivers license or worse a Bike endorsement. :o Thats who I really try and watch out for on the tarmac

Guest ratchethack
I think we do this sad colleague (and other people) no justice if we use his death to celebrate our pretended better fitted genes, just because we actually are alive.

:vomit:

If one needs more stuff for discussions like this, go here (you have to type the link):

xxx.rotten.com

Hubert

69486[/snapback]

Hmmmm, not sure what you mean by celebrating our "pretended better fit genes" just because we're alive, Hubert. What kind of a celebration did you have in mind?

How would you suggest we do this "sad colleague" and other people "justice", if not to use his experience as an example to others of how not to behave, in a way that could potentially prevent more people from inflicting the same kind of entirely senseless and pointless damage to themselves and others?

I've forwarded the graphic shots above on to a few good motorcycling friends with the object of possibly shocking them a little, in hopes that they'll be extra careful and not yield to the temptations that have so effectively and so routinely snuffed out the foolish. If there's any "justice" at all to be extracted from this kind of thing, I reckon this might be it. But that's just me. ;)

Oh I've been to rotten b4. Its not that bad. I don't think at least 'I' don't think anyone was trying to make light of the situation as much as its a sad ordeal brought on by poor judements I'm sure we've all made some on one level or another and gotten lucky maybe without even knowing it gotten lucky. Any mild humor is more a defense of our own inadequicies?. But his could have been the rider avoiding a random Kangaroo or a kiwi bird I Don't know what they have there and at 175 the tiniest little correction pays off in huge other direction dividends. I say unless you are prepared (not ready just prepared) to die then the needle should never go that high without much training and a much more secure location in which to stretch ones legs. Even professional on closed groomed tracks take nasty spills doesn't put the odds in average joes favor one bit.

But ponder this for a second.

Think of the DUMBEST person you've ever met just complete moron. Well someone twice as stupid as that person probably has a Drivers license or worse a Bike endorsement.  :o Thats who I really try and watch out for on the tarmac

69488[/snapback]

I backup this 100% and I understand your writing well.