Extremely Graphic (est. 174mph off)

orangeokie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Over on one of the Ural forums we just had a slew of photos of an accident in Sweden where a Honda sport bike went through a car at about 155mph. Everybody died. This one is equally bad. I have a PowerPoint presentation on my computer somewhere that I've managed to view exactly once. It's even worse, a lad in the UK impacting a truck head on. Way too graphic to describe. When my kids wanted to learn how to ride, I made them watch that presentation first. A picture is worth a thousand tears as well as fears. I pity the parents and/or family. Not much left to bury.

One of the things that I really freakin' hate about postings on the internet is a message that says "this is not permitted" or "you must be a member" ad nauseum! If you are going to post something at least put it up where we can all view it!!! :moon::moon:

One of the things that I really freakin' hate about postings on the internet is a message that says "this is not permitted" or "you must be a member" ad nauseum! If you are going to post something at least put it up where we can all view it!!! :moon:  :moon:

69429[/snapback]

They worked just fine for me ninny. Here try these.

http://a4.cpimg.com/image/D0/27/54339024-dd5a-028001E0-.jpg

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/D1/27/54339025-5c5c-028001E0-.jpg

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/D2/27/54339026-f54e-02000180-.jpg

http://a7.cpimg.com/image/D3/27/54339027-e4de-02000180-.jpg

Edited by Admin Jaap

This crash happened in 2004 in North Island, New Zealand. GSXR 1000, 175mph, into the trees, and the trees spit him back out, and his bike, somewhat mixed together, shall we say.

Safe to say that high quality leathers, and high quality helmet did jack shit to protect the body at these speeds. Makes you think seriously when you find a spot to really lay your head down on the tank and let her really stretch her legs.

Ciao, Steve G.

now realize just hot extremely crazy motogp is. don't they average around 175? I mean not really but they are flying I'm sure faster than that here or there. :huh2:

I noticed he was in full gear. its amazing even the smallest of adult trees don't give. not at all! might as well have hit a light pole at least you'd most likely knock that down.

rubber down-know your road-don't think you can ride like MGP

now realize just hot extremely crazy motogp is. don't they average around 175? I mean not really but they are flying I'm sure faster than that here or there.  :huh2:

I noticed he was in full gear. its amazing even the smallest of adult trees don't give. not at all! might as well have hit a light pole at least you'd most likely knock that down.

rubber down-know your road-don't think you can ride like MGP

69447[/snapback]

The best helmet in the world + a ~20mph impact with something solid = death

The faster you go over about 20mph, the faster you will die after the impact. But you will die if you make your head stop that suddenly. Whilst I appreciate the protection a helmet can give me against the weather and glancing blows, I have no illusions about its ability to save my life. It can't work miracles.

m

BTW, I see no links or pictures. Have they been removed?

There still there.

69450[/snapback]

Weird. Not a sign, in any of the posts. Can't see the picture in your sig line, either. Maybe I've got a version of avatar flat line disease? Will check on Monday, when I'm back at work, although I use the same software there.

m