A Sad (but Hopefully a Temporary) Sayonara

joe camarda

Ducati Multistrada 620 (Dark) that is.

Honestly there have been (at least) two really cool things about my V11 Sport :!:

(1) Owning the most beautiful and rideable motorcycle ever built.

(2) This forum and all the great participants. (Yeah, I'm talkin' about you!) All you guys (and gals) who helped sponsor my little league baseball team two years ago. And all you guys (and gals) who contribute sound and solid advice to newbies. And especially to Jaap and Carl.

But I sold the Sport as I had trouble with the trannie and became "weirded-out" about reliability and lack of nearby dealers. I'm keeping my eyes on the new "Griso" though, and may buy one in about a year...will have to see.

On the flip side, my MTS 620 is a fun little devil and the dealer is the best ever in the whole world...well actually "only" one of the fastest growing in the USA, coming in fifth in Ducatis sold last year.

Hope y'all wont mind my lurking about. And be assured that if you see me on my MTS 620, beneath the helmet :helmet: will be a look of forelorn envy. :mg:

thats half the reason I Want another ride to go along side. I know the guzzi is built like a tank but little things can always go wrong with two steads one is always(hopefully) ready to go. Plus so many of my friends want to ride and none can afford it at all so if I teach'em a few said they'd pay me and if they ride my bike anytime afterwards they'll just be paying for the gas that goes into both rigs. None of them are riding the Goose tho. Not very good for beginers.

Ducati Multistrada 620 (Dark) that is.

Honestly there have been (at least) two really cool things about my V11 Sport :!:

(1) Owning the most beautiful and rideable motorcycle ever built.

(2) This forum and all the great participants. (Yeah, I'm talkin' about you!) All you guys (and gals) who helped sponsor my little league baseball team two years ago. And all you guys (and gals) who contribute sound and solid advice to newbies. And especially to Jaap and Carl.

But I sold the Sport as I had trouble with the trannie and became "weirded-out" about reliability and lack of nearby dealers. I'm keeping my eyes on the new "Griso" though, and may buy one in about a year...will have to see.

On the flip side, my MTS 620 is a fun little devil and the dealer is the best ever in the whole world...well actually "only" one of the fastest growing in the USA, coming in fifth in Ducatis sold last year.

Hope y'all wont mind my lurking about. And be assured that if you see me on my MTS 620, beneath the helmet :helmet:  will be a look of forelorn envy. :mg:

69520[/snapback]

Joe,

Having both my much loved 2001 V11 Sport and my fond of but no loved (yet) 1000DS Multistrada I understand your decision. I'm not 100% sure the Ducati is as big an improvement in reliability (insterment cluster problems) as I hoped but I really enjoy riding the Duck. While the Sport is intense, involving and rewarding it is also not much fun on anything but twisty roads. The Ducati is just plain fun to ride at any speed on any road from running errands in traffic (such as it is around here) to twisties to interstate like the ride I did today. A little tight stuff (Old Creek Road), a little interstate (US 101), and a little Xmas shopping in Paso Robles and San Luis obispo. The suspension/ chassis of the Ducati is light years ahead of the Guzzi. I hope the new (Breva, Griso, Falcone) Guzzis are nearly as good. Getting pretty sick of the bleepin' chain, OTOH.

Not as cool as this site (great site but lacking the sort of family feel here) but check out Multistrada.net if you haven't already. Lots of good info. Plenty of 620s, not as 1000 oriented as it would be if it was an all US site.

Having both is the best option, :bike:

Lex

P.S. I'm "Goose" over there. Got to keep the Guzzi connection alive. :mg:

Hey, Joe!

Hope your Ducati treats you well. It looks like a great bike to keep alongside an old Sport. I remember your Sport having a lot of mods. Did you finda good home for her?

Sure hope you'll pop in here from time to time and keep us posted. Once again, I'd like to say 'thanks' for your help with my Sport back in the day! :notworthy:

Thanks all :wub:

TomSP...did you see my V11 Sport there? Green bodywork and white tank. $5999.

Breaks my heart to see it setting there, all lonely as it were. No docc, no home for her yet.

Yeah, Modesto Ducati it is. Great dealer, great people!

BTW, I have some accessories listed in the "Classified" section including a set of Titanium Leo Vince ovals.

um, yes to all on getting a hold of racerx - he just wanted to buy my ducati ss 1000 ds :D

and who knows-- if I crash this one, maybe he will :!:

yes joe - I DID see your v11 there! Beautiful too. A guy from Stockton was looking at it closely (he was riding a kawa)

Best of luck with your new ride Joe. I still have my Rosso with your cool gold wheels but I also opted for an R1150RT Beemer. Comfort, great for two up touring, fairly reliable, and a large dealer network.

I guess some of us can love Guzzis only so much.

...sorry to see you "leave the fold" Joe, but I hear ya after all you went through with the bike toward the end. My bike even shared it's company for a few months in San Jose :(

I think you'll like the Multi, and hopefully Guzzi will have a bike in the future that will bring you back.

But even if they don't, hope you'll still check-in every so often, and we'll look back fondly on the short-lived Nor-Cal Alices Guzzi Night dinners a couple years ago.

BTW, from what I remember following your projects, you ought to have a load of spare V11 parts, wheels, etc.... you better get eBay'ing :thumbsup:

And hey, you never did provide a "proper" follow up to your Cycle Cat bar installation... at least from what I recall. You're not getting off that easy!

al

BTW, from what I remember following your projects, you ought to have a load of spare V11 parts, wheels, etc.... you better get eBay'ing

al

69660[/snapback]

I think I must have most of them. Someday, I'm going to have to follow through on some of my projects and then excess the remainder onto eBay.