Found alternate footpegs that fit Guzzis

bigbikerrick

After seeing Mr. Maunds conversion to ninja pegs on his V 11 ,and suffering from burning soles on my feet with the stovk pegs, I got an idea to try the pegs from my 2001 honda cbr 600f4i on my V 11. I was shocked that they fit perfectly, with the stock moto guzzi mounting rod/spring etc, no modification necessary. They are nice slim looking rubber topped pegs. for shits and grins I replaced only the right peg initially and took her for a ride. I was amayzed at the difference in comfort! my right leg /foot felt great. on the left I could feel the numbing vibration from the sole of my foot almost to just below my knee. needless to say I swapped them both out. This is an easy 10 minute conversion that makes a HUGE difference in comfort. :bike::D

Guest jedione68
After seeing Mr. Maunds conversion to ninja pegs on his V 11 ,and suffering from burning soles on my feet with the stovk pegs, I got an idea to try the pegs from my 2001 honda cbr 600f4i  on my V 11. I was shocked that they fit perfectly, with the stock moto guzzi mounting rod/spring etc, no modification necessary. They are nice slim looking rubber topped pegs. for shits and grins I replaced only the right peg initially and took her for a ride. I was amayzed at the difference in comfort! my right leg /foot felt great. on the left I could feel the numbing vibration from the sole of my foot almost to just below my knee. needless to say I swapped them both out. This is an easy 10 minute conversion that makes a HUGE difference in comfort. :bike:  :D

70384[/snapback]

I did a peg switch myself!

Went with Buell pegs. Love them.

They sit a little farther back and an inch lower.

And NO, I havent come close to dragging them, wish I could

say the same for my Mistrals cros-over and already ground down kick stand.

Even at my recent track day at Laguna Seca with my Quat-D on and my

Kickstand off the bike and sitting in the truck, No grinding, yahoo!

There great in the twisties and on long trips.

Good times, later,

Jedi

:helmet: Hi Bigbikerrick,have you also a picture with the new footpegs fit on the bike? Is possible to watch this? Thank you very much. Giovanni Polegato :bier:

After seeing Mr. Maunds conversion to ninja pegs on his V 11 ,and suffering from burning soles on my feet with the stovk pegs, I got an idea to try the pegs from my 2001 honda cbr 600f4i  on my V 11. I was shocked that they fit perfectly, with the stock moto guzzi mounting rod/spring etc, no modification necessary. They are nice slim looking rubber topped pegs. for shits and grins I replaced only the right peg initially and took her for a ride. I was amayzed at the difference in comfort! my right leg /foot felt great. on the left I could feel the numbing vibration from the sole of my foot almost to just below my knee. needless to say I swapped them both out. This is an easy 10 minute conversion that makes a HUGE difference in comfort. :bike:  :D

70384[/snapback]

I did a peg switch myself!

Went with Buell pegs.  Love them.

They sit a little farther  back and an inch lower. 

And NO, I havent come close to dragging them, wish I could

say the same for my Mistrals cros-over and already ground down kick stand.

Even at my recent track day at Laguna Seca with my Quat-D on and my

Kickstand off the bike and sitting in the truck, No grinding, yahoo!

There great in the twisties and on long trips.

Good times, later,

Jedi

70386[/snapback]

Are the buell pegs rubber on top?

Do the Buell pegs fold back and retain the spring loading?

70443[/snapback]

Yes they do, there two ways to do it that are covered in the thread below. You keep your mounts stock and use shim stock or you can drill out the MG brackets and use HD stock which I do not recomend due to diameter of the HD pin, besides it's more expensive.

Only drawback is the are a little wider at the mount where you place your feet. AL R did a nice extension on the shifter to compensate.

This is the thread that will tell you what you need to know about the foot pegs.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ell++foot++pegs

Takes a litlle work but IMHO, it's worth the effort every day I get on the bike, especially when your doing the miles :D

Guest ratchethack
Breva 750 pegs should work, if all you want is rubber.

70446[/snapback]

This is the last time I'll flog this horse, but if all you seek is more comfort with "it's a brand-new world at the man-machine interface" (well, kinda... ^_^ ) but definitely improved high-traction grip and control, may I once again suggest (now that I've got a lot more miles on 'em) -

The Barnyard Hose-job Peg Conversion - see post #21 here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...69463entry69463

From the, "It's the simplest of small things that are a true joy" department, I reckon it's one of those things that since there's no cost involved (or very low - other than the effort of fighting the hose over the feeler boss at the end of the pegs) there's an inherent false perception of no value... It requires what may be counter-intuitive open-mindedness - I realize it's a concept from a bygone era, but with a little effort, sometimes you can still achieve real value without paying cash... -_-

I reckon if a set of Barnyard Hose-jobs sold for $50 (OK, $30) in a tri-color blister pak, there might be a real market for 'em. :huh2: (I've seen dumber things than this. <_< ) Works like a Champ IMHO, and no ground clearance worries. Beauty's in the eye of the beholder, Gents. Try it and behold anew - I bet you like it. :race: