Who rode this morning?

Guest motomaniac

Only a 6 mile commute in Eureka. Temp in the high 30's. Just put the liner back in my JR jacket.

On amother note only 6 more days of warrenty on my Scura. Presently at 3035 miles on the clock (I've almost doubled the mileage since I purchased the bike last August).

Cheers :bier:

7:00 AM

30-mile ride to Greenville, SC

29°

:race:

70471[/snapback]

Went out to the GarageMahalo at 6 a.m. to get Kathi's car ready. [she's gotten quite used to it being ready when she walks out the door, i.e., warmed up, coffee in the holder, gate open routine; she's so indulgent of me in Guzzis, it's worth the PITA. :D ]

Brrrrr. It was cold, but warmer than 29, probably even 33 or so. Still, I decided it was too cold to ride the Ballabio in, and, as the much-better-in-cold-weather EV is hors de combat [see, if interested: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9wgryy...ef&x=0&y=po4naq], the pickup seemed the right option.

Launched the Polish Princess :rolleyes: [Kathi, not the pickup] and decided I was a wuss; I'd ride in. Atlanta is, sadly, a third-world city in many respects, with one of the most maddening problems being the city's view that broken or leaking water mains are no big deal. Makes domani seems subito. So, one can have the exciting experience of rounding a curve to see ice sheets where the water has covered the road. Luckily, I know where all those are on my commute, and with exception of one long little valley, temps were above freezing, so those were only wet, not icy.

There is satisfaction--even smug superiority--in being only motorcycle on road (at least none on my route). Electrics, too, make what might be painful an easy ride, with only the cumbersome chore of getting all "the stuff" on. It's 10 or so miles by straight roads to my office; I take the 14-mile wigglier way.

Weather changes tomorrow; wet and colder. Hope to get EV back on road this weekend. Lordy, I do miss that big w/s. :ninja:

Mr Hagan....that's one civilized shop you got there sir!! :thumbsup:  nice

is that wallpaper or wood paneling on your walls? :grin:

(cheking out your photobucket)

70480[/snapback]

Beadboard. See http://www.gp.com/build/product.aspx?pname...1686&hierarchy=

The architect specified it as, tho our house in new construction, we live in a closely regulated (by fascists, I might add :bbblll: ) historic district, and beadboard appears in many local "contributing structures," including outbuildings.

Was surprised to learn from my contractor that beadboard was not much more than ordinary wallboard, and sure does look fine, along with being pretty resistant to damage.

Sorry, motomaniac, and others to have started a tangent from a (literally) cool thread. I'm going out at lunch and romp a bit on the local roads. Should be in '50's soon; too good to pass up. :race:

Guest SDKFZ111
I rode my pushbike...  does that count?

Bill - WOW, nice garage!

70484[/snapback]

I rode this afternoon does that count? Got my fix at long last! Roads here in Blighty as dry as they are ever going to be at this time of the year, first time out on the old girl for a month, what a blast. The bike will be two years old next march and has now travelled 3,669 miles.Should last for forever! Or at least till we run out of oil.

Yeah, I rode this morning. Warmed it up for about 5 minutes before taking off to be nice to the engine. The engine cranked right up with the new orange Odyssey battery, I must say. It had previously been suffering from starting problems due to use of an electric jacket on the V11.

Am looking forward to seeing the Nicky Hayden interview on SpeedTV here today (Dec 13th) in the States.

New Pro Grips to be installed on the bike later today.

Well, this weekend I did the annual Toys for Tots charity ride in Reno. 70 miles there, the ride (3+ hours, 2K bikes) and then the 70 miles back. Burrrrr. Damn kids better like all the toys! Good time, though.

Well, this weekend I did the annual Toys for Tots charity ride in Reno. 70 miles there, the ride (3+ hours, 2K bikes) and then the 70 miles back. Burrrrr. Damn kids better like all the toys! Good time, though.

70507[/snapback]

On a Tenni?!

Ever get out of first? :D

Thanks for helping kids, tho.

Bill

Wasn't too bad- didn't get out of first much, to be sure, but I was better off than those Harley guys working that heavy clutch all the time. Then there was all the Harleys that overheated (lots) and broke down (quite a few) or trailered the bikes in(less than I expected, but still passed a LOT on the highway) or quit early (again quite a few). Overall, a great ride and I will admit that everyone was very cool, and I got lots of thumbs up from the guys that know a good air-cooled, pushrod V-twin when they see one. :thumbsup:

Guest motomaniac

Well, the work day's over and I'm headed home. Temp is up to 44° in G-ville now, so it should be a pleasant ride in.

Bill, if you're up this way anytime soon, look me up.

Issued at 4:50am WST on Wednesday the 14th of December 2005 for today and

tonight

FORECAST:

Fine and partly cloudy before the chance of a shower in the afternoon or

evening. Light winds becoming moderate SW'ly.

MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE: 22

UV INDEX: 10 [VERY HIGH] decreasing to 7 [HIGH] under cloud.

FIRE DANGER: Coastal Plain: MODERATE

Hills: MODERATE

Hard to belive its summer oh the 22 is celcius BTW I'll be riding today :P