Who rode this morning?

Guest motomaniac

Hmm the weather is 19 degrees here in Ohio right now. Honestly I'd be out riding right now but my rear tire is flat :P I swear I have the worst luck with tires lately, I just had a screw removed from one of my car tires. This has been a real bitch of a December so far. It hasnt been above freezing in well over a week & its not going to be over 32 in the next 7 days. Lots of highs in the 20's :bbblll: It doesnt look like I'll even bother to start it up the rest of this month & January is colder than December here so its not going to get any better. :angry: I wish there was an easy way to get the bike up my 3 porch steps & into the house so I could at least look at it & clean the hell out of it until spring. I'm sure someone here has some advice for getting a bike up 3 damn steps lol.

Hmm the weather is 19 degrees here in Ohio right now. Honestly I'd be out riding right now but my rear tire is flat  :P I swear I have the worst luck with tires lately, I just had a screw removed from one of my car tires. This has been a real bitch of a December so far. It hasnt been above freezing in well over a week & its not going to be over 32 in the next 7 days. Lots of highs in the 20's  :bbblll: It doesnt look like I'll even bother to start it up the rest of this month & January is colder than December here so its not going to get any better. :angry: I wish there was an easy way to get the bike up my 3 porch steps & into the house so I could at least look at it & clean the hell out of it until spring. I'm sure someone here has some advice for getting a bike up 3 damn steps lol.

70528[/snapback]

IF you lay down particle board with 2x2's screwed to the backside of it so they line up with the steps you'll turn your steps into a functional (yet) steep ramp. Really you can use anything you have laying around for scrap lumber just so it doesn't shoot out if you try to ride or push the bike up it. And oh yeah might be easier to Not make it as wide as the whole steps you want to be able to walk the bike up. Just a suggestion. :homer:

Took the car this morning as I had a load of stuff to carry.

Travelling along the local dual carriageway, I move out to overtake a travelling crane. Just as its wing mirror detaches itself.

Despite my phenomenal avoidance technique, there is now a 9" square hole where it shouldn't be.

Don't know whether to be cheesed off because I've got to tour the body shops or to be happy that it didn't hit me when I was on two wheels.

mike

IF you lay down particle board with 2x2's screwed to the backside of it so they line up with the steps you'll turn your steps into a functional (yet) steep ramp. Really you can use anything you have laying around for scrap lumber just so it doesn't shoot out if you try to ride or push the bike up it. And oh yeah might be easier to Not make it as wide as the whole steps you want to be able to walk the bike up. Just a suggestion.  :homer:

70542[/snapback]

Go for it, cuz after getting it up the ramp and into the house, you can something like this: http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/livingroom.jpg

Seriously, the point about "not wider than steps" is a mixed bag. True, a steep ramp is not as positive an engagement and platform for you, but it is higher than the steps and you may find yourself too low to be of use. And be sure not to miss DBG's "yet steep" part. I've been there and do not care to remember. One of those "break your bike or your body" moments. Of course, I chose well ... and have scars on me, not the bike, to prove it. :blush::huh2::homer: