New Ballabio Owner

Greg Field

I'm happy to say I've joined this herd following the purchase of a totaled '04 Ballabio today. I'm hoping to ressurect it and make it better than it was, kinda like Steve Austin, but without the million-dollar expenditure.

If anyone knows of ITI V11 Sport (or Ballabio) instruments, headlight mounts, and headlight for sale, please let me know. I'm also lookiing for the carbon-fiber kit or fairing for the same machines.

I'm also putting together kits of the Centauro foot controls, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Greg Field

I'm happy to say I've joined this herd following the purchase of a totaled '04 Ballabio today...

70613[/snapback]

That's cool, Greg. I'm enjoying mine so far. Eric Hjeltness (Le Mans I at the SD Rally) is really itching for a Ballabio too. Any leads on another used one?

Post pictures when you're done with it, okay?

Post pictures when you're done with it, okay?

70614[/snapback]

I'll try. On the digital competency scale, I rate "idiot," though.

Curious: Compared to the V-strom, how is your cornering speed on the Ballabio?

I love the bars, and really would love to have one of the Coppas we have for sale, but I use things hard, and I'd really hate to put that kinda wear on such a beauty as a Coppa. That's why I think this may work for me. I can put an Eldo gas tank and footboards on it without raising too much ire, or so I hope . . .

:D

...Curious: Compared to the V-strom, how is your cornering speed on the Ballabio?
I honestly don't pay attention to speed when cornering, but I can say this: my V-Strom pegs and even the heat shield on the right-side pipe are pretty seriously ground down, but I have yet to scrape anything on the Ballabio-- and I rode behind Bill Ross, Todd Eagan, and Rich Rodriguez last weekend (although it was a very "relaxed" ride). I think that says more about the V-Strom's high COG than my comfort cornering faster on it, though. You have to push the V-Strom over farther at a given speed to keep from high-siding the thing. Also, Rich spent some time behind me on that ride, and he mentioned that, in general, I ride the Ballabio more "effortlessly" than I do the V-Strom. Again, I attribute that to the lower COG of the Ballabio.
I love the bars...I can put an Eldo gas tank and footboards on it without raising too much ire, or so I hope...
Go fort it, Greggio. Gotta make it your own, right? :bike:

-wallio :helmet:

...If anyone knows of ITI V11 Sport (or Ballabio) instruments, headlight mounts, and headlight for sale, please let me know. I'm also lookiing for the carbon-fiber kit or fairing for the same machines...

BTW, I know of a couple of sources for turning it into a Le Mans, if that interests you. If so, IM me.

I'm happy to say I've joined this herd following the purchase of a totaled '04 Ballabio today. I'm hoping to ressurect it and make it better than it was, kinda like Steve Austin, but without the million-dollar expenditure.

If anyone knows of ITI V11 Sport (or Ballabio) instruments, headlight mounts, and headlight for sale, please let me know. I'm also lookiing for the carbon-fiber kit or fairing for the same machines.

I'm also putting together kits of the Centauro foot controls, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Greg Field

70613[/snapback]

You could try Reboot spares in France (run by Pete who is English). He is breaking a V11 Sport 2003 model- I think he has sold the headlight but he may have the instruments you are after, if not he may be able to find you some.

Corsa Italiana in London will sell you a carbon fibre nose fairing www.corsaitaliana.com

As will Motomecca www.motomeccaspares.co.uk

I believe all the above are happy to ship to the USA.

I have seen some being sold by a German vendor on EBAY much cheaper but I dont know what the quality is like.

Guy :helmet:

Greg Field on a modern bike? Is this the second or the third sign of the coming apocalypse? :P

Good luck getting the bike together, Greg. They are as much fun to ride as the Eldo's are. :mg:

For the instruments, there are alternatives.

Zebulon put on the 'all in one' gauge cluster replacement for his bike.

If you want to go cheap, cheep, cheep, then there is always the sigma bicycle speedometer.

You might also contact Todd Eagan about footpegs and such. He recently posted an inquiry here about making up some billet shifter/brakes.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6704

Greg Field on a modern bike?  Is this the second or the third sign of the coming apocalypse?  :P

My reaction precisely. :P

I'm figuring this could lead to a new Guzzi book, too: The Ballabio - Best of Breed. :D

If not, I'm also thinking that aftermarket opportunities for Ballabio owners just got lots better. Hey, Greg, try to have any new product lines going by end of January when I drop in and visit you all.

Bill