LeMans hard luggage

Guest SantaFeRider

Guest SantaFeRider

I bought the Hepco Becker Junior 30 lt. hard bags, when I ordered the rack was in back order, so I cancelled.

I don't like the way the bags sit with this rack, they are too far back and too high. I guess that's to clear the pillion, but I always ride by myself.

I don't need the rack at the back of the frame, and I don't like what it visually does to my tailpiece.

Are there any alternatives in the hard luggage department? Can I buy a second hand frame and adapt it so the bags sit lower and forward?

Is there anyone out ther who can make one?

Any info will be appreciated. :mg:

Panniers too high and too far back is a familiar problem.

Guzzirider , your Teknos look like they are shifted forward and down from the original postion. How'd you do that?

Until recently I had 3 V11s in the garage- mine, Helen's and I was looking after Mal's bike who lives round the corner.

We all had Tekno frames- and strangely each one was completely different in shape and construction to the other- I have done nothing special with mine its just how it came.

Guy :helmet:

Panniers too high and too far back is a familiar problem.

Guzzirider , your Teknos look like they are shifted forward and down from the original postion. How'd you do that?

70669[/snapback]

There is quite a bit of latitude in where the bags fit on the rack. I put the stops on mine so that the pillion pegs could still be used (small feet) but you can't lower the pegs if the bags are fitted or did I adjust it back so the pegs could just be lowered. I've only ever had one pillion on it a lass from work one lunch time. So it's quite academic in my case. I might as well move them as far forward as they go.

I put the Givi huga-ass 41 liter bags on my Scura. They don't make a kite for the V11's so I bought the bag mounts and their generic mounting hardware kit and made a set-up that works just fine. I also rarely carry a passenger so I mounted my bags further forward. Check the pics out here ( you'll have to scroll down about halfway on this page)... http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...opic=2887&st=15

It's been a year and a half and I have no problems with this setup. If you want a more 'reasonable' size bag, Givi has quite a few that use this same mounting system.

johnk

Guest SantaFeRider

those are really huge bags!

I like the 30 lt. Hepcos, I just want them to sit lower and forward, since I never carry a passenger. I don't need more capacity; the 30 lt. are more than ok for short trips with hotel ovenights. For the long camping trips I have the R1100RT, which is the closest thing to a lorry on two wheels.