Yee Hah! FrankenSport is getting it's papers.

callison

Carl,

I have the wire harness from my 2000 V11 Sport, $50.00 and it's yours. :grin: At least this would eliminate about 75% of the electrics that could be causing the problems.  And it will give you something to do on those cold Oklahoma days :homer:

Mike

70782[/snapback]

Thanks Mike, but I already have a second harness, cpu, all of the sensors, take your pick. I just need the bike to be street legal where the trouble shooting will have to be done. All I have to do for the moment, is get the bike over to the machine shop Monday and get the VIN stamped on and then spend 15 minutes at the tag office getting it registered and the plates issued. Then the fun begins. If I don't find a problem in the wiring harness somewhere, then I'll switch harnesses.

Well, Frankensport got it's new VIN and registration Monday. After failing to get a good impression with the cheapo Harbor Tool and Freight stamp set, I hauled the bike to a machine shop and had it done. We did it in the back of my truck in the balmy 34˚F weather. As soon as we were done, the bike slipped and fell to the right side of the truck. Bent the truck bed side up a bit and thoroughly munged the paint there as well but amazingly enough, the bike didn't suffer too much indignity. A good scuff on the plastic of the tank and the tail cowling that look like they'll polish out. That's some really tough plastic! After righting the bike again and getting it properly secured, I went home and off-loaded it. I say off-loaded because I had intended unload it but the ramp was wet and icy and the bike slid off and plunged tail first into my gravel driveway. Drat. Another munged spot, this time at the tip of the left rear silencer. Normally I'd get kind of upset with this kind of thing but this time I was (1) too cold. And (2) this bike has already been totalled once and dropped a number of times. It just doesn't make a whole lot of difference if another minor scrape is added. At any rate, when I get a chance (warmer weather, it's 23˚F right now) I'll determine what the electrical problem is and then it will be on to further adventures with the buncha bikes in the shed, the garage, hiding in boxes...

Well, Frankensport got it's new VIN and registration Monday. After failing to get a good impression with the cheapo Harbor Tool and Freight stamp set, I hauled the bike to a machine shop and had it done. We did it in the back of my truck in the balmy 34˚F weather. As soon as we were done, the bike slipped and fell to the right side of the truck. Bent the truck bed side up a bit and thoroughly munged the paint there as well but amazingly enough, the bike didn't suffer too much indignity. A good scuff on the plastic of the tank and the tail cowling that look like they'll polish out. That's some really tough plastic! After righting the bike again and getting it properly secured, I went home and off-loaded it. I say off-loaded because I had intended unload it but the ramp was wet and icy and the bike slid off and plunged tail first into my gravel driveway. Drat. Another munged spot, this time at the tip of the left rear silencer. Normally I'd get kind of upset with this kind of thing but this time I was (1) too cold. And (2) this bike has already been totalled once and dropped a number of times. It just doesn't make a whole lot of difference if another minor scrape is added. At any rate, when I get a chance (warmer weather, it's 23˚F right now) I'll determine what the electrical problem is and then it will be on to further adventures with the buncha bikes in the shed, the garage, hiding in boxes...

71300[/snapback]

....good lord :homer:

....good lord  :homer:

71362[/snapback]

Well gee Al, I've got so many projects that I thought I'd add yet another one - a 2005 Ural Patrol. It was supposed to be delivered to the dealer yesterday but Roadway has it pigeonholed in St. Louis so I certainly won't get it in time for Christmas. That's the breaks I guess. Had I stayed with my original plan to get a Breva 1100, it would (finally) be sitting in my garage right now and not going anywhere because of the temperature (somewhere, hiding in one of the boxes yet to be unpacked from the move, is my cold weather gear).

Carl,

Is the Ural Patrol the two wheel rear drive model?

Went to the International Motorcycle show and Ural had a good showing. Hum, mechanical rear brakes, carburated but they do have alternaters :drink:

Oh, they did have a Rich Maund seat on them :thumbsup: , the rep I was talking to was his neighbor. What a small world.

Mike

Well gee Al, I've got so many projects that I thought I'd add yet another one - a 2005 Ural Patrol. It was supposed to be delivered to the dealer yesterday but Roadway has it pigeonholed in St. Louis so I certainly won't get it in time for Christmas. That's the breaks I guess. Had I stayed with my original plan to get a Breva 1100, it would (finally) be sitting in my garage right now and not going anywhere because of the temperature (somewhere, hiding in one of the boxes yet to be unpacked from the move, is my cold weather gear).

71371[/snapback]

Carl,

Is the Ural Patrol the two wheel rear drive model?

Went to the International Motorcycle show and Ural had a good showing.  Hum, mechanical rear brakes, carburated but they do have alternaters :drink:

Oh, they did have a Rich Maund seat on them :thumbsup: , the rep I was talking to was his neighbor.  What a small world.

Mike

71384[/snapback]

2WD (selectable, not full-time)

71371[/snapback]

heh, I was "good lord-ing" at the rash of luck you seem to have with that bike :P

:wacko: