Calling all Scuristi

stogieBill

Fellow Scuristi,

I took delivery of my Scura in late August with 1569 miles on the clock. This is my first MG. Yesterday, I did a little run up to Brookings, Oregon from Eureka; about 235 miles round trip. The bike ran flawlessly. I now have 3300 miles on the clock. :bier:

Here's my concern(?) : To date there is no sign of flaking of the black wrinkle engine case paint, the clutch works smoothly and the bike runs like a top. My warranty expires Monday (Dec 19th). :ninja:

Are there other Scuras that aren't having any of the numerous reported problems listed on this forum? :huh2:

TIA,

I have a Rosso Mandello with the same engine paint & clutch. It has 9000 miles on it & runs like new or better, no paint issues either. I think with these bikes you either have a bad one or you have a good one. The clutch is a rare thing to go bad & if your paint is fine @ 3300 miles its probably going to stay fine. Do what I do, enjoy your bike & dont worry about it & you'll be fine. I also think you can purchase an extended warranty through your dealer if you feel its necessary.

02 Scura w/ about 17k miles. All paint still good. No problem w/clutch operation either tho I'm concerned about the no & nature of failures reported. I had a few initial faults but for the last year or so the bike's run w/o a problem. Goes great. Blows fork seals regular tho (3rd set just gone).

KB :sun:

BTW it's said that the RM clutch is a different unit to the Scura.

02 Scura w/ about 17k miles. All paint still good. No problem w/clutch operation either tho I'm concerned about the no & nature of failures reported. I had a few initial faults but for the last year or so the bike's run w/o a problem. Goes great. Blows fork seals regular tho (3rd set just gone).

KB :sun:

BTW it's said that the RM clutch is a different unit to the Scura.

70882[/snapback]

I've heard these marzocchiwhatever forks have problems with that(from the dealer I got my :mg: ) I'm on my second set and I don't want to do another one for awhile knock on wood. :whistle:

38k on mine.

I've have the timing cover gasket go.

The paint peeled.

I don't know how many fork seals replaced.

The tranny spring went.

The rear shock blew at the reservior (I think when the dealer serviced the tranny. They might have damaged the reservior because that was a strange failure.)

The final drive box torque arm bushings went twice.

My clutch started making a funny noise and when I pulled it apart the flywheel bolts seemd looser than they ought to have been.

The rear wheel spacer was too short and it ate the bearings.

The front wheel bearings went too because one bearing weasn't driven into the wheel far enough so the inner race got side loaded when the axle was tightened.

It detonates quite a bit if you don't drive around the problem.

The ignition switch fell out of the top triple clamp while I was diving (one bolt broke it's head off and the over backed out.)

Jeez, I think that's it. That was perversly fun. I've never tried to put it all down in one place before. All of that being said, I love the bike. I'll keep it a good many years. :mg:

I know, I must look like I do too much of this. :bier::bier:

So be it. :drink:

johnk

Come to think of it my ignition switch came loose also. One of the bolts backed out. Not a big deal though, just a trip to the hardware store for a new bolt.

70952[/snapback]

Well mine has not had too much trouble., gearbox spring, rear shock replaced under warranty, paint flaking, rubbish relays. Just remember to send me your Scura limited edition number and your location, for the scura register, the numbers are growing, but we still have loads to go, Jaap I've not got yours.

I have a Rosso Mandello with the same engine paint & clutch. It has 9000 miles on it & runs like new or better, no paint issues either. I think with these bikes you either have a bad one or you have a good one. The clutch is a rare thing to go bad & if your paint is fine @ 3300 miles its probably going to stay fine. Do what I do, enjoy your bike & dont worry about it & you'll be fine. I also think you can purchase an extended warranty through your dealer if you feel its necessary.

70859[/snapback]

I don't think an extended warranty is possible. I purchased the bike online from Texas and am the third owner. While I'm on the topic, what is with all the used, low mileage MG's. Last week there was a '97 Daytona RS with a 176 miles on it! :huh2:

Thanks to all for the feedback. :bike:

I don't think an extended warranty is possible.  I purchased the bike online from Texas and am the third owner.  While I'm on the topic, what is with all the used, low mileage MG's.  Last week there was a '97 Daytona RS with a 176 miles on it! :huh2:

Thanks to all for the feedback. :bike:

71002[/snapback]

Guzzi's have a very Unique feel to them that I assume many do not care for. Maybe they find it fun at first and it wears on them or they are sold on the looks but looks can only take you so far if riding it is not fun... For me I love both the ride and the looks.

"For every good looking woman theres a guy tired of F***ing'er"

for the scura register, Jaap I've not got yours.

70991[/snapback]

He doesn't have one. He just wishes that he had one. Unfortunately his is shiny, though he did try to rough it up a bit, a while ago.

As far as I know.

20000km on mine.

A new gear box @ 7000km cause i blew the other one up,they thought it was just the pawl spring but 4th gear and a couple of dogs were laying in the bottom of the box.They covered it under warranty bless there little souls.

enjoy the thing and ride the wheels off it and you wont have any problems

Gilly :bier:

Here's my concern(?) : To date there is no sign of flaking of the black wrinkle engine case paint, the clutch works smoothly and the bike runs like a top.  My warranty expires Monday (Dec 19th). :ninja:

70858[/snapback]

Darn, thats about the scariest thing I have ever heard. Mom, why is it so dark in here..... :o

I dont have a scura, but at least my Greenie silently peels it paint like its supposed to do.