Any UK member who would do me a favour?

luhbo

How do you tell they are from Romania and are fake. I have bought lots of stuff from Germany on ebay always had excellent service. It is not too expensive to insure items going to Germany from the UK. 

Well i've been looking into high end speakers a time ago, I found a set advertised as if it was in london. They were to cheap. I did a google search on the advertizment text and found same text and pictures on an american website, 3 month earlier. I mailed the ebay guy about it, and got a reply, posted with a yahoo webmail account. In the emailheader was the IPaddress from the sender, I could trace it back to romania.

I contacted the highest bidder to warn him, and send a mail to ebay about it. Ebay canceled his account. I kept an eye on B&W speakers in ebay, and found that each week there was an offer from someone just registered, claiming to live in london. From the text it was obvious each time that there was something wrong.

I must say, there seem to be alot of fraud hi-fi offers on ebay. Sometimes they have a feedback history, with only 1 dollar buys. Or they set it to private.

I have bought stuff from ebay, and only once didn't get it, only a buy of 20 euro, the guy seems to lame to send it. I have no problem sending money to people I don't know, but before I exchange some emails, so I get an idea who i'm talking to.