Missouri Dealer

Anthony

I am thinking about purchasing from Donelson Cycles in St. Ann, Missouri. The contact I have is listed below. Does anyone live near by or have any experience with them?

David Allen - Euro Sales

Donelson Cycles

9851 St. Charles Rock Road

St. Ann, MO 63074

(314) 427-5523

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 months later...
Guest leo in saint louis
I am thinking about purchasing from Donelson Cycles in St. Ann, Missouri. The contact I have is listed below.  Does anyone live near by or have any experience with them?

David Allen - Euro Sales

Donelson Cycles

9851 St. Charles Rock Road

St. Ann, MO 63074

(314) 427-5523

Thanks in advance for your help.

70898[/snapback]

I've been dealing with Carl Donelson for 30 years, fanstatic dealer, carries a huge stock of machines and brands, he was a racer and is an enthusiest. He is not a wheeler dealer, so don't expect much barter room, but he is a dealer whose support you can depend on with a sound service department. At least 3/4 of his staff has worked there for more than 15 years, and he never lays anyone off during lean/quiet winter months.

Don't have a clue why tex redneck above would have anything negative to say about him, tex doesn't say, so consider the value of her response.

Guest AdamofKC

There are 2 dealerships, exclusively, of Moto Guzzi around the KCMO area, but they drive to the closest one is about 30 to 40 minutes from me. Harper's Moto Guzzi in Greenville, MO is a good place to look for old Guzzi parts and even some older Guzzi's are a relatively high price, in my opinion.

The dealership I would spend my money at would be Jackson Cycles in St. Joseph, MO. They just got a used Ballabio in, and man, it looks REALLY nice. In addition to the 97 Sport 1100 and a V11 Le Mans.

If I had to cash to get one, I'd take the Sport 1100, but after getting a chance to ride the 620 and 1000cc versions of the Ducati Multistrada, my thoughts are a little different. Even the base ST3 is grabbing my attention. Oooohh boy, when the time comes to get a new bike, it is going to be one hell of a difficult decision....

Guest leo in saint louis
Hey sweetheart! I didn't say anything negative. Get your facts straight before you start making accusations  <_<

79493[/snapback]

sweetheart you own sweet self. "I wouldn't", that "wouldn't" is a negative as in not.

Didn't mean anything personal, though I'm not claming to always have my facts straight.

I've been dealing with Carl Donelson for 30 years, fanstatic dealer, carries a huge stock of machines and brands, he was a racer and is an enthusiest.  He is not a wheeler dealer, so don't expect much barter room, but he is a dealer whose support you can depend on with a sound service department.  At least 3/4 of his staff has worked there for more than 15 years, and he never lays anyone off during lean/quiet winter months.

Don't have a clue why tex redneck above would have anything negative to say about him, tex doesn't say, so consider the value of her response.

79472[/snapback]

Thanks Leo. It is good to know that about Donelson Cycles. I was considering a 2002 LeMans, but an Orthodontist took my money to change my 11 year old from :grin: to :D.

TX was just pushing his own dealer, as it turned out. I followed up with an email to him. I took his few words hook, line, and sinker, only to get a large, bold MPH reply. Should have known it, he has a few threads out there.

Again, thanks for the info. :bier:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bill "Slam" Dunkus is one of the good guys :luigi:

That's where I bought my V11 Sport - Bill was great! He arranged shipping, faxed paperwork to my DMV office while I waited, even threw in a couple of shirts. If I lived anywhere close, he'd be the dealer I went to. :bier: Joe

Hey, I've bought many motorcycles from Carl Donelson. Yes, he's not the wheeler/dealer type. But you can get a deal if you choose the correct bike. I got my 2000 V11 Sport last spring, new, zero miles for $7500. And I also bought my 1998 Triumph Daytona from him for $9200. His prices are pretty firm on the Jap bikes he sells, but he will generally give a little if he likes the bike you're choosing. By that I mean, he would rather sell you a Ducati, Guzzi or Triumph than anything form the far east. Right now he has some smoking deals on 2 or 3 year old Duc's! I think there's a 2004 920 Monster for a little over $6000. Might be a little off on the details of this one. Val and Steve in sales and Denny, Alan in service are excellent and experienced people. And there is a new guy in service named Brian. He's done all the work on my Guzzi and he's fantastic. So, don't choose your bike on price alone. And if ya want to see mine, e-mail me. I actually live close to Donelsons, Geno.

• 2 weeks later...

JoeV11,

Is your V11 black? I was going to see that bike when Bill told me it sold and was going to CT. Good looking bike! Bill seemed to be a good guy. Donelson reminded me of Atlas in Tulsa, a couple of older bikes still around but nearly full sticker price. Neat shop otherwise.

Dave