Buell & European V-twin Festival July 2006

V11UK

Saturday 22nd July 2006 - UKBEG Emma Radford Memorial Buell & European V-twin Festival.

On behalf of the UK Buell Enthusiasts Group I'd like to invite V11 owners to this festival. This will be our third event at this location dedicated to the memory of one of our members, Emma Jane Radford (pictured below) who passed away 22-04-04, aged just 26. We'll also be raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis charity.

em4.jpg

In addition to approx. 150 Buells, there'll be Italian bikes from the Aprilia, Cagiva, Ducati, KTM, Morini, and Moto Guzzi owners clubs. British bikes will include Brough Superior, Hesketh and Vincent. I hope to have importers and race teams at the event.

buells1.jpg

The event will include a Lancaster bomber taxi-run and a Spitfire flying display. If you like Rolls Royce V12 Merlin engines at full chat you'll really appreciate this!

• 2 months later...

Due to the high level of interest in this event (not on here admittedly :( ) I've produced a fact sheet about the festival which I'm posting/e-mailing to people who wish to attend. Please let me know if you want a copy.

We're organising camping on the Friday night, 21st July, at a pub approx. 15 miles from the Aviation Centre. The cost is £5.50 per tent. I need some idea of the numbers - please let me know if you're interested.

• 3 months later...
Guest GUZZI@50

Chris please e.mail me details to graham.cox26 <at> btinternet.com .Thanks

Edited by Admin Jaap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

212 bikes - 81 Buell - approx. 60 Ducati - approx. 12 Moto Guzzi and £400 raised for the Cystic Fibrosis Charity. Despite the thunderstorms that most of us rode through, the weather for the event itself was very good. An excellent day :thumbsup:.

The Moto Guzzi Club GB web site has a good selection of pictures from the event http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=124

BTW it is my V11 in the pictures - my Buell S1's battery had expired in the recent hot weather...

glad it work out chris, did you manage to dodge the thunderstorms.

Sorry I couldn't make it, but was called out early hours

The green guzzi looks familiar, did you go to Lotherton bike show, I was two rows back fro a guzzi that looked very much like yours

dave

Hi Dave

Yes, we went to Lotherton Hall so it would have been my V11, parked next to my wife Jane's Nevada. Funny thing is we walked around the bike park and noticed your V11 - small world isn't it :D.

The event at East Kirkby was a great success - despite the weather to and from the location. Almost everyone got a soaking :bbblll:. This was the fifth year we've held our main event there but the first time we've invited European V-twins. The Ducati clubs in particular did us proud.