napoleon bar end mirrors

bigbikerrick

Is the image in the napoleon bar end mounted mirrors fuzzier than the stock mirrors?  My problem is the stock mirrors dont stick out far enough, but I dont want such a fuzzy image that I cant keep a watchful eye on my wife behind me on her magna when we go touring. :)  :bike:

71263[/snapback]

I think they work better than stock. The mirror arm is shorter so there's a little less flex there and the resonant frequency is different as well. My experience has been very positive with these. They're also a damn sight less expensive than stock and more readily available if they have to be replaced for some (usually bad ) reason.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they work better than stock. The mirror arm is shorter so there's a little less flex there and the resonant frequency is different as well. My experience has been very positive with these. They're also a damn sight less expensive than stock and more readily available if they have to be replaced for some (usually bad ) reason.

71299[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply Carl.as far as mounting, did you use the stock rubber from the mirror and force it into the bar end or did you have to do something creative like some of the other folks here( I dont want to have to get too creative) :D:bike:

04_oct_05%20002.jpg

Click pic for details

I'm pretty sure these aprilia bar ends will fit my LeMans.  Even if they don't AF1 will let me return them (they are really great guys).  The CRG mirrors would be nice and fit like  OEM.

71294[/snapback]

Those "rhinos" along with the CRG mirrors look like a sweet setup, let us know if the aprilia bar ends fit without mods. Thanks!

Comparison of my stock and brass bar ends assembled:

apart:

and the "mirror adaptor" ends currently on the bike:

I really like this solution as it moves the mirrors out past my shoulders, the combined weight of the brass + mirror damps the vibs substantially, and it's easy to pull the mirrors off.  I have this mounted on a handbar, but it should also fit the clipons.

71296[/snapback]

Excellent post,and great pics! Thanks for going through all the trouble. I tell ya.... This forum rocks! :thumbsup:

Excellent post,and great pics! Thanks for going through all the trouble. I tell ya.... This forum rocks! :thumbsup:

71306[/snapback]

Yer welcome, but thanks really go to all those people who have helped me so much the past few years without even knowing it. I finally decided to get of my fat lurking ass and step up. I actually got the idea for brass ends from Gary C., who I bump into locally from time to time. Given how critical "insider info" is for this brand, this forum completely rocks. While I'm giving credit...praise be to Jeff and the rest of the dudes at Detroit Eurocycles.

Thanks for the reply Carl.as far as mounting, did you use the stock rubber from the mirror and force it into the bar end or did you have to do something creative like some of the other folks here( I dont want to have to get too creative)  :D  :bike:

71304[/snapback]

I used the same method BBennett posted a further up the thread.

You just hacksaw off the "post" off of the bottom of the mirror base mount so that it can be bolted on flat to the top of the lever housing.

Y'all know I'm cheap. Wanted the napoleons but instead ...

I bought Mirracycle mtn bike mirrors. $9 USD each. They work great and are nice and wiiiide. Look cool as hell. Yes, they shake a bit, but I need to know only if there is a cager behind me, not who drives it.

Y'all know I'm cheap.  Wanted the napoleons but instead ...

I bought Mirracycle mtn bike mirrors. $9 USD each.  They work great and are nice and wiiiide.  Look cool as hell. Yes, they shake a bit, but I need to know only if there is a cager behind me, not who drives it.

71664[/snapback]

Do you have a pic. of the mountain bike mirrors you can post?

Why are these mirrors called "napoleon"? Do the arms tuck into your jacket?

72222[/snapback]

Napolean is the name of the company, and their bar end model is called the 'Beren', the Beren is available in semi-gloss black and also chrome, but they have a large variety of mirrors including long stalks, and fairing style mirrors used on something like a Lemans.

Ciao, Steve G.

Just to add my 2cts worth ,I have been riding my CI with Napoleon bar end on the right and a Halcyon( Brit, the original bar end mirror) on the left. The Napoleon is fine as I have used satisfactorily on several bikes, but the Halcyon a flatter(larger) view, for those guys who dont like convex glass. For the Euro and Brit fellows, the Halcyons are available from th UK from the manufacturer and pprobalbly others, for those of us in the States, Dave Quinn Motorcycles has them and probably others,and at last the bar end mirrors for the Ducati Sport Classic are available from Pro Italia (Glendale,California).They look like fancier chromed Napoleons with a different mirrorr head , priced at 169.95 USD... choices, choices....