411 on Vintage MV Agusta Parts

Bill Hagan

One of my Duck- and beemer-riding neighbors has friends in Ellijay, a town at the foot of the n. Georgia mountains--she is certified BMW mechanic and he a certified Duck wrench (what a combo, huh?).

They are working on his 748 and sent him an updating email. Included this P.S. --

"do you think that your friend who is the italian bike lover [that would be me! :mg: ] would know a good parts source for the MVagusta we're working on? it's a 1957 trl125 and we're going to need some gaskets, carb parts, etc...i've not had a lot of luck tracking down parts for this old girl! just thought he might have some insight."

Well, of course, I don't have a clue, but told my neighbor I'd post on two of the "major Guzzi web boards." He doesn't realize how oxymoronic that really is! :D

So, any ideas?

Thanks.

Bill

Guest jedione68
One of my Duck- and beemer-riding neighbors has friends in Ellijay, a town at the foot of the n. Georgia mountains--she is certified BMW mechanic and he a certified Duck wrench (what a combo, huh?).

They are working on his 748 and sent him an updating email.  Included this P.S. --

"do you think that your friend who is the italian bike lover [that would be me!  :mg: ] would know a good parts source for the MVagusta we're working on? it's a 1957 trl125 and we're going to need some gaskets, carb parts, etc...i've not had a lot of luck tracking down parts for this old girl! just thought he might have some insight."

Well, of course, I don't have a clue, but told my neighbor I'd post on two of the "major Guzzi web boards."  He doesn't realize how oxymoronic that really is!    :D

So, any ideas?

Thanks.

Bill

71253[/snapback]

Bill,

This is the old Jedi here in So.Cal.

Those are some tuff bikes to track down spares for.

But, my longtime buddie Yoshi at the Garage Company (vintage bike shop)

does have a couple of old MV's that run and that he restored,

so I'd say he's your best bet. Or at least he could point ya in the

right direction.

Here's his info:

Yoshi Kosaka

The Garage Company

13211 Washington Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90066

TEL: (310) 821 1793 FAX: (310) 821 2916

www.garagecompany.com and or sales@garagecompany.com

If it helps, tell him David Asman sent you... "OH David... Yeah, yeah, yeah."

The only other person I can think of, is Guy Webber or Webster, he's an avide collector of MV's, Ducks and Guzzi's up in Ojai, CA. But he's kind of unattainable, unless ya just kind of bump into him on your Sunday morning ride.

Best of luck, and let me now if all works out.

Jedi---OUT

P.S. And Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you!!!