Back in the fold and well chuffed

Jock Guzzi

I put a down payment on a brand new Ballabio today and I have to say I'm well chuffed. Here's my story :

I bought a new V11 in 2000 but sold it last year when moving house thinking that I would get something else sorted for summer 2006. Was pretty sure it would be a Griso but when I saw it in the flesh it did not press the right buttons, lard arse with a big icream cone thing of an end can. Not for me I'm afraid.

So then started looking elsewhere, Speed triple just a bit too high for me (I'm no midget a 5 10 but it's a tall bike) and Monster S24 1000 close but somehow just too much of a fashion statement...a bit like having a new mini, a good car but too many are owned by fannies who think they are cool (Scottish interpretation of the word fanny meaning people who dither ...usually precceded by the f word...rather than English for front bottom or American for arse).

So then decided to build my own special (ie my own interpretation of what I thought the Griso should have looked liked) and as posted on here last week, I started looking around for a clean second hand V11 to use as a doner bike. With a custom builder all lined up and ready to go, I just needed to find the doner bike. However the more I scouted round the net for design ideas the more I ended up back at the more upright V11 models.

When I saw the new heavily discount Red Ballabio at Corsa Italiana I thought why bother trying build an imitation of what was essentially a good bike, ie the V11 not the Griso. Instead why fix what is not broken. So that's where I'm at and delighted with it.

However the story is not quite over yet. First of all the black front mudguard and tail piece needs to be re sprayed red so the whole bike matches and that plastic number plate holder thing needs to go too (nice after market one on the Corsa Italian website by the way). And then of course the cans. Don't like the Mistral ones or the Quad system so I have decided on the Guzzi Titantium cans plus new ECU. However they are now out of stock apparently so a plea. Does anyone have a new set or know where I could get a new set plus ECU from. The Corsa boys will be doing what they can to find some but does your local dealer have a set ? If so could you let me know. No massive rush to get them as it's a wee bit cold here for biking right now, so overseas options are worth considering.

Thanks, hope you all have a good hogmanay and a properous 2006.

Hi Jock,howzitgaun?

There's a Guzzi place in Ayr, Moto Ecosse, might be worth a try and I believe theyve got a spares organisation in Cambuslang( sorry I dont have any details here) I suppose you tried Jim Allan's in Falkirk?

All the best with the new bike.

Why fix what is not broken? Give it time...... :D

All the best through the bells too,staring wistfully into space,making plans wi'a hauf in your palm. :bier:

If so could you let me know. No massive rush to get them as it's a wee bit cold here for biking right now, so overseas options are worth considering.

Thanks, hope you all have a good hogmanay and a properous 2006.

Check this offer out at Prodigium They seem to be having some in nice price. :bier:

And a question for all , since a friend of mine was interested in these. Do they also come with the end top silencer tubes,y' know the ones that these fastening spring have to come into.The stock ones go with the pipes as one piece so it they have to go the new ones must have their own.Since I have never seen these appear on any Ti kit.

:bier: