Scottish Rally

macguzzi

Event Name:

V11 and Buell Owners Scottish Weekend

Event Date:

19th | 21st May 2006

Description:

Spean Bridge Hotel, Invernesshire. Primarily for the above makes but open to all. En suite, bunkhouse and chalet accommodation See page ?? for further details or contact Chris Jessop email c.jessop@hotworkct.com or 01924 518224 (eves)

Tel:

01924 518224

:mg:

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone going to the Guzzi Club GB Scottish Rally at Traquair House?

Brewery on site (weakest beer 5%), lovely countryside- rivers, forests, empty moorland, on site cafe and bar and curry house down the road.

If you want you can ride the short distance to the Samye Ling Buddhist monastry where they will give you a cup of tea and some organic cake.

Went to Traquair a couple of years back on the bike- a very nice place and Scotlands oldest inhabited castle I believe.

Dates 28/4 to 1/5.

Guy :helmet:

Is anyone going to the Guzzi Club GB Scottish Rally at Traquair House?

Brewery on site (weakest beer 5%), lovely countryside- rivers, forests, empty moorland, on site cafe and bar and curry house down the road.

If you want you can ride the short distance to the Samye Ling Buddhist monastry where they will give you a cup of tea and some organic cake.

Went to Traquair a couple of years back on the bike- a very nice place and Scotlands oldest inhabited castle I believe.

Dates 28/4 to 1/5.

Guy  :helmet:

73986[/snapback]

No. I think I'm all Guzzi'ed out with my plans for the year. I have Chris' Spean Bridge one and then a fortnight later the Erin and then the next weekend the German V11, throw in the RBR and the proposed 2 day Welsh Waltz 2. I'd dare not do this one 3 weeks before Chris'.

One of the guys in the Pennine Branch is doing next years RBR- "Dangerous" Dave will be on his maroon Nevada. He rides everywhere in all weathers so I reckon he will do well.

Good luck with your presentation in Feb Martin- will you get a trophy?

One of the guys in the Pennine Branch is doing next years RBR- "Dangerous" Dave will be on his maroon Nevada. He rides everywhere in all weathers so I reckon he will do well.

Good luck with your presentation in Feb Martin- will you get a trophy?

Guy  :helmet:

73996[/snapback]

I will be gettting my "trophy" I belive it's some sort of plaque. They rib the organiser on how quickly they fall apart :P I think it's more a taking part thing rather than for the glory and silverware :P

Gary "Warmbiker" did some last year perhaps I can persuade him to join me around Scotland or on some other bits when in his area

Event Name: 

V11 and Buell Owners Scottish Weekend

Event Date: 

19th | 21st  May  2006

Description:

Spean Bridge Hotel, Invernesshire. Primarily for the above makes but open to all. En suite, bunkhouse and chalet accommodation See page ?? for further details or contact Chris Jessop email c.jessop@hotworkct.com or 01924 518224 (eves)

Tel: 

01924 518224

:mg:

72745[/snapback]

I was there once, maybe I will go back...ever.... not this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Only a week and a half away until the Scottish Rally- anyone else going from here in addition to Macguzzi and Chris?

As usual there will be a large raiding party crossing the border from the Pennines- I can nearly smell the rain already!

Innerleithen weather forecast

Nice forecast for Fri and Sat :sun: but getting moist on Sunday.

Only 2 degrees Friday night- packed my fleece sleeping bag liner.

In fact I have packed everything already- I am like a kid 2 days before Xmas!

The ales from the Traquair brewery look lethal

I think I will stick with the weaker Bear Ale.

:bike:

Our tickets arrived this morning  :thumbsup:and it looks as though we'll both be able to get Friday 28th off work. Traquair House sure looks a nice place.

79771[/snapback]

Well, I didn't manage to get today off work :bbblll: so we'll be riding :bike: up early Saturday morning :mg:......

I just got home from Scotland- an excellent bash in lovely surroundings! Nice to meet you Macguzzi- hope you got home ok.

A group of us ad a nice ride to St Abbs head on Saturday but we just chilled out yesterday.

As usual with the Scottish rally, I got sunburnt, soaked and frostbite all in the same weekend,

Plenty of V11s there, plus a sprinkling of Daytonas and 1100 Sports in addition to the usual Tontis and a few Brevas.

Need to give my liver some respite now- that Bear Ale went down too well.