Frnt cross-over shims - Perm. and reusable

Anthony

Got mine today.

Look to be very well made  :thumbsup:  Thanks Aaron!

Randy

85681[/snapback]

Mine came in. My wife thought I was a bit loony to be as excited as I was. :grin:

Then -- we had unexpected company, so now I'll have to hold off the installation for another day or so. :(

OBTW, Aaron, I liked the lawyer tag line on the instructions. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SDKFZ111

Aaron I picked up the shims earlier this week from work, thanks for the prompt service.Going to show them to my Guzzi dealer before I fit them. Cheers David.

Guest Aaron Bard
:) Thanks so much Anthony for starting this effort and everybody else for following through and sending your checks. It was a lot of fun to ship the parts of to fellow Guzzi riders around the country and beyond. In total there are now 34 bikes with the shim. For those that missed the bus, Todd Haven of MPH CYCLES in Texas will be keeping a few sets in stock. Any feedback you guys can provide as to fit and function will be useful if there is a future run of parts. :mg:

• 5 months later...

Aaron, Got your shims a couple of days ago. Thanks for helping me and all of us with this problem. What a difference! I think the sound is even better because A) no blowby and B) no more rattling sound like the ding ding ding I kept hearing. Now I can really hear the clutch clatter in neutral and boy...even that sounds great! Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Guest MGDanDiego

I wouldn't mind a set if the price comes down to about $40.00. I am tired of my front crossover flopping about.

Rocketman

look at the photo in this link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98476523@N00/275904283/

for $30 I had the crossovers capped and the clanky, blow out problem has been solve forever, thanks to Rob north. Bike did not ride any different afterwords. This is the best solution.

look at the photo in this link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98476523@N00/275904283/

for $30 I had the crossovers capped and the clanky, blow out problem has been solve forever, thanks to Rob north. Bike did not ride any different afterwords. This is the best solution.

Be curious what diagnostics might show.

And, as I think it was excess vibration when new SS shims were tightened that caused stress fractures to my header pipes, wonder what effect, if any, this approach will have on that.

Thanks for the idea.

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Folks,

Love the shims! As does my local dealer/mechanic. :thumbsup: Given that the stock crossover gaskets are an issue, and one that they've seen more than once, he was wondering whether something could be arranged for dealer distribution. Nothing formally arranged yet, of course. Just kickin' it around for now. But maybe if a bunch of dealers put together an order that would be incentive for another production batch? :huh2:

Whaddya think?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Aaron Bard

The parts are now available through Todd Haven at MPH cycles 281-647-6557. He probably has a few more sets in stock.

Thanks so much.

Aaron Bard

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings Everyone,

I still like the shims, BUT, after the first 100 miles or so after installing the rattling crossover is back. I've been trying to come up with a mod to correct this. Has anybody else had this happen? I first tried tightening down. That didn't work so I slipped some pieces of aluminum flashing between the header and the shims and tightened down with still no success :huh2: What am I missing here (besides a brain, that is). Thanks!

• 1 month later...