Voigtlander Bessa L

staedtler

I'm getting a good deal on one of these...

1.jpg

Any Guzzisti has one? i know is not a Leica, but pretty close...

yes, it's a Bessa L (discontinued in 03) not the R model

I have not used a range finder before, and it's been a looong time since i've loaded film ever since going digital... :D I used to have an old Pentax and a really HEAVY Nikon Nikkormat w/advancer both mid 70's cameras (both stolen a long time ago) -_-

Yes, I'm going old school...so any forthcoming trouble i might expect?

Let the PhotoGuzzis speak... :luigi:

ps: I forgot,...i can get it with a 25/4 lens

I have Canons and A1 and AE-1Program and a whole bunch of lenses. I never moved on to the auto focus lenses but I haven't used them in years not since we got digital cameras. I find these more than adequate for the point and shoot that I tend to do these days. That said last years Guzzi trip photos were mainly done on a basic point and shoot digital as was families 2nd camera and therefore the one to get soaking wet in a leaky tankbag (didn't happen). But we've just bought Debs a newer one so I get the older one to take with me and the kids get the basic jobby.

I keep looking at my SLR but they're just too much hassle these days :(

Generally seems to be thought of as an excellent machine. Quiet, small and well built. You can use Leica lenses on it, or, even better (gasp!) some recent Pentax lenses have been made in the same thread. You may already know that, once you have a decent quality body, it is the lenses that have the biggest effect on your pictures. I find that what Pentax lenses (and to a lesser extent Tamron) do with light are what I like most.

You may care to examine the state of film processing in your area. Again, general concensus seems to indicate that colour print film will be the variety to die first, as digital is rapidly replacing it. Slide and B&W will carry on longer - you will probably need to search out places to get that done already but their market share is quite steady.

I can't remember if this model has the same loading style as Leica. If it does, you will have to practice quite a bit to make yourself familiar with it.

Care to tell how much you paid and from where?

mike

:2c: exactly right martin..i once carried a nikkormat ftn around,,with extras lenses etc. a great burden..now carry casio ex-s100 does video as well acceptable pics. 130grms to carry,90x15 mm no worries..

I have Canons and A1 and AE-1Program and a whole bunch of lenses. I never moved on to the auto focus lenses but I haven't used them in years not since we got digital cameras. I find these more than adequate for the point and shoot that I tend to do these days. That said last years Guzzi trip photos were mainly done on a basic point and shoot digital as was families 2nd camera and therefore the one to get soaking wet in a leaky tankbag (didn't happen).  But we've just bought Debs a newer one  so I get the older one to take with me and the kids get the basic jobby.

I keep looking at my SLR but they're just too much hassle these days  :(

73191[/snapback]

Care to tell how much you paid and from where?

mike

73210[/snapback]

Well,...check them out :thumbsup: So, a Bessa L with a 25/4 $314 not too shabby :pic:

the place is just inland from Malibu CA. B)

Around here there's a couple of labs that would get me prints, slides and digital from my film, they're a bit pricey, but they do good work...