On the Lighter side

DeBenGuzzi

I'm always looking for more good music to download or buy, Anyone got some Favorites ppl should be listening to?

I know lots of ppl on here are old so I'll just smile and nod if you start telling me about Burt bacarrat or David hasselhoff. :lol:

But seriously it seems like a new UK invasion on the radio over here lately. Which is good American Idolistic music makes me sick. :vomit:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (BRMC). If you like them (I describe their first 2 records as a modern version of the 60's NYC rock/punk sound, seemingly taking influences from Iggy Pop, The Stooges, Ramones, etc.). They have a song on the film "Faster" - excellent MotoGP film

Their recent 3rd album is very good, but different from the others.

A friend just turned me onto "The Black Angels" - similar sound as BRMC. I've only heard their music on the website and I dig it. The single, "Black Grease" is excellent as well as "Manipulation". Check out:

http://www.theblackangels.com/

click on their logo to enter their site or just stay there to listen to the whole song.

Another recommendation would be a Seatttle band, "Kinski" -- but be aware, they are virtually all instrumental....long intros leading up to hard driving chords with some feedback sound on some songs. Not for everyone, but in the right mood can be very good.

Morphine is always a good switch

p.s. where did you get that cool black & white picture? nice

I'm a big fan of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (BRMC).  If you like them (I describe their first 2 records as a modern version of the 60's NYC rock/punk sound, seemingly taking influences from Iggy Pop, The Stooges, Ramones, etc.).  They have a song on the film "Faster" - excellent MotoGP film

Their recent 3rd album is very good, but different from the others.

A friend just turned me onto "The Black Angels" - similar sound as BRMC.  I've only heard their music on the website and I dig it.  The single, "Black Grease" is excellent as well as "Manipulation". Check out:

http://www.theblackangels.com/   

click on their logo to enter their site or just stay there to listen to the whole song.

Another recommendation would be a Seatttle band, "Kinski" -- but be aware, they are virtually all instrumental....long intros leading up to hard driving chords with some feedback sound on some songs.  Not for everyone, but in the right mood can be very good.

Morphine is always a good switch

p.s. where did you get that cool black & white picture? nice

73610[/snapback]

Thanks for the Kinski I'll be sure to check them out I have some BRMC already I know them. I got the picture searchign google aimlessly one day, Funny thing there is a whole series of them.

Dress to kill

I got the picture searching Google aimlessly one day, Funny thing there is a whole series of them.

Dress to kill

73613[/snapback]

Yours is the most subtle. :thumbs up:

and also has already happened. The others were too much like first aid instruction videos or "Casualty" ( BBCs version of ER - but you get the event leading to the admission) or even worse that Fork lift spoof :( where you know whats about to happen. I'm too sensitive - have too much empathy.

Kinski is good. I downloaded about a half dozen songs. I like just about everything besides jazz, smooth jazz, contemperary jazz, lite jazz, and New age Jazz. Also most country. :vomit: I'm thinking of getting an Ipod to wear under my helmet when I tool around and I want lots of goood stuff.

As for the Avatar I wish I was more empathetic but I drive bya car accident on the side of the road and I laugh, not if I see an ambulance and lights and blood and all that I'm no monster but I see two dummys with busted up fenders I chuckle a lil. :grin: as long as its not happenin to me. :helmet:

I saw Steve Vai in Clermont Ferrand, recently, and he's still the best. I don't think he's ever done anything better than "Alien Love Secrets" though.

Burt who?

If you're into really modern stuff, try O'funk'illo "En la planeta asceituna" or TKY "TKY"

But then I'm old, Ben, and I also listen to Roy Orbison a lot, still.

The Spazzy's, The Living end, Wolfmother, Paul Mac, Rammstien, Le Tigra, Hoodu Guroo's, Melincolin sp? Jet , Buterfingers. Eh that will keep you busy for a bit.

73657[/snapback]

I've been looking into some of those. WOW now thats a mix of music...le tigra now do I have the right one they sound like 15yr old girls? something about liking cars that go booom.