moving to OZ

Guest jasper

Guest jasper

hi there,

after doing lots of homework this weekend i sort of figured it out....

#1 if you like filling out forms you'll love OZ customs :angry:

#2 if you love filling out more forms you'll adore my friends from vehicle safety standards of the department of transport and regional services. :angry:

The good news:

according to my research, my friends from customs charge me around 800 bucks.... the guys from the department of transport: 50 bucks for the approval to import a vehicle.

And the last hurdle is to get an australian safety compliance bla bla thing from, in my case, QLD transport. That's the last thing i have to find out!!!! :grin: But i don't see a reason why they won't give it to me! (if they let me in why not the bike :huh2: )

But if anybody has information on the 'european"spec v11's being the same as a australian spec v11 (it is right!) i would be really happy to get my hands on that!

So i am a happy guzzi rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mg::mg::mg:

Thanks everybody al the help is greatly appricated!'when i am through with the whole procedure i'll post the final outcome!

Ciao

:cheese: jasper :cheese:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They want me bad!  60 points fer skill...  Look out Oz - you'll never know what hit ya!

Count it to 3 Vancouverites looking to leave.  I almost left just before Christmas.

Incredible place to visit but living here has become more and more painful every year.  Traffic congestion, housing prices, incompetent government, blah blah blah.

cheers,

Rj

73974[/snapback]

I hope you're not referring to Australia like that, with our new anti terrorist laws words like that are plain seditious.

• 1 month later...
Guest jasper

YEAH!

Australia is going to hell! they just let anybody in these days!

Anybody in this case would be ME! Yes sir i got my visa! Really happy with this... after 3 nights of partying in Berlin i arrived at the OZ embassy in Berlin wel prepared with a nice hangover which ofcourse convinced the case officer that inegrating in OZ would be no problem.... And since they couldn't find any evidence of terrorist activities i am IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bier::bier::bier:

i am one happy :mg: rider!

now making sure they let the scura in to....

Ciao

jap