Relays

k7qz

Hi Guys:

One of the ponies in my stable is an '03 LeMans and I seem to be the latest victim of the dreaded relay failure. LD (who is very good) was going to order OEM parts, but I told him I'd just order them myself as I recall having read a post here on this subject a while back. The sentiment seemed to be that there were superior alternatives to Guzzi's relay offerings.

I was thinking about replacing all of the relays while I'm at it (5 of them as I recall from skimming the schematic but I might not be remembering this correctly...) and was wondering if you think this is worthwhile? Also any current recommendations on relay sources?

TIA-

Mike

Hi Guys:

Also any current recommendations on relay sources?

TIA-

Mike

73948[/snapback]

Hi Mike, 5 is the correct count.

Many people here have had good sucess with an online site. Details can be found here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=70470

A search on "relays" will bring up many results, regards.

Guest ratchethack

Wot they said. Dan P's THE Guzzi Relay Man. :thumbsup:

I always thought his nickname, "Pyro Dan" was slightly suspicious for a "relay guy". <_<:o

When I politely inquired about this, Dan graciously explained that he does pyrotechnic design work - which of course requires a certain mastery of electronically controlled relays. :doh:

Thanks all for the replies.

Yes, per earlier relay posts on this site I had e-mailed Dan but didn't receive a response. So I wasn't sure if he had faded into non-existence. Hence my query regarding current relay sources.

I'll try shooting Dan another e-mail as it sounds as if he is alive and well in the relay business.

Regards-

Mike

Thanks all for the replies.

Yes, per earlier relay posts on this site I had e-mailed Dan but didn't receive a response.  So I wasn't sure if he had faded into non-existence.  Hence my query regarding current relay sources.

I'll try shooting Dan another e-mail as it sounds as if he is alive and well in the relay business.

Regards-

Mike

74019[/snapback]

Know the Rules

:bier:

Know the Rules

:bier:

74021[/snapback]

I like the Know The Rules link...real time saver. :bier:

You could expound on a few more rules..clutch switch/connector..kickstand switch..

neutral switch...tank suck..vap lock..shift spring...

Ha!! You could pare the whole forum down to one page. :bier:

Untill ratchet rattles the cage with an oil or filter post...then we'd be back

to a couple thousand pages. :P

Untill ratchet rattles the cage with an oil or filter post...then we'd be back

to a couple thousand pages.  :P

74024[/snapback]

Heh! I shouldn't laugh, as I am responsible for a good portion of those pages, especially the ECU thread :drink:

. . . Untill ratchet rattles the cage with an oil or filter post...then we'd be back to a couple thousand pages.  :P

74024[/snapback]

I like rachethacks posts! :drink: