UK guys show some respect

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

It's one of the reasons I now live in France

74058[/snapback]

The stories one can hear about France and about how the Flics behave sometimes in traffic controls makes me wonder whether this is really an advantage.

Isn't it the only country where you have "Motards en Colère" or so?

Hubert

The story sounds similar to the guy who was caught wheelying a trials bike (somewhere near Peebles I think - about 12 years ago). He was only going about 10 mph but was charged with dangerous driving. He turned out to be a professional trials rider and tried to argue in court that he was in total control of his bike even showing videos of his riding. He was still fined and had his driving priviledges revoked.

The story sounds similar to the guy who was caught wheelying a trials bike (somewhere near Peebles I think - about 12 years ago). He was only going about 10 mph but was charged with dangerous driving. He turned out to be a professional trials rider and tried to argue in court that he was in total control of his bike even showing videos of his riding. He was still fined and had his driving priviledges revoked.

74064[/snapback]

wth is a trials bike? you mean a Trail bike? or is it something else? Some traffic laws are stupid but you shouldn't be doing a wheelie down the road anyway. My uncle got a DUI on a 10speed huffy doing a wheelie through a red light at an intersection only thing was a cop was sitting on the other side wating to go and my uncle is neither a nice or funny drunk even sober falls into the beligerent cat. Anywho long story short charged with a DUI 10speed (was about 20 years ago and laws were more lax on it tho and he was only out his lisence 30days) But the D in DUI can mean almost anything as long as youre on the roadway. :huh2:

FXCD0026.JPG

Hubert,

Er, well, you have to have a friend in the gendarmerie or the national police..........or both!

I'm less angry since I came here.

Dean,

Yes, French News run scare stories like this every so often. It's the stuff of life to bored expats, I think.

Ben,

It's a very small bike that you have to stand up on, for riding over unlikely obstacles, usually in stadia, these days. Nothing like as useful as a trail bike.

It's a very small bike that you have to stand up on, for riding over unlikely obstacles, usually in stadia, these days. Nothing like as useful as a trail bike.

74091[/snapback]

It always makes me wonder how those guys manage to climb vertical walls with these trial bikes. I never could see this in reality, but the pix in my books are quite unbelievable. Would be impressive to see one of the oldtime UK heroes on big 4-stroke twins doing such things.

Hubert

PS. All I can read about and see myself abroad makes me a strong believer that the promissed land for bikers actually is Germany. Nowadays they have radar pistols even in Italy, and those fellows there - they have fantasy prices if they get at you!

:2c: ''Here speed cameras both permanent and mobile are increasing in numbers of epidemic proportions,between where i live and and city to the north a distance of 120 km's there are now 8 permanents. now they are using uteilities cruising on motorways equiped with tradesmans racks, mag wheels and sports packs which sit on speed limits equiped with video camera speed camera, video shows speed of camera car and speed of any vehicle which overtakes as well as number plate, then you receive fine by mail and an offer to view video if you wish to appeal. :bbblll:

Next time I'd hold up 3 fingers & tell em' to " read between the lines " :moon:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/08/891.asp

I had to look it up  :homer:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign

74054[/snapback]

A bit too much as a fine for showing "up yours" to someone.

Banned for one year + fine. People pay the govs and everything every day and these suckers come back for more with putting extreme fines and banning and so on.

Yes these are symptoms of Nazi like attitudes on City-to-citizens relation.It happens all over the world nowdays more or less.What a shame.

Money for nothing and whip the "slaves" once more ,to keep them heads down.

On the subject of Law and Order some little b**tard just threw a brick through the window of my neighbour's car and nicked his Tom Tom Go from the glovebox hence I am up at 5 am. It was a Xmas present from hise wife (the sat nav not the brick!).

I only saw the back of him as he ran away very fast.

We have just driven to the estate 10 mins drive away where I know they have heroin addicts and where the usual suspects live but he was unsurprisingly long gone.

Now if he got caught would he get as severe punishment as the two fingered salute rider who had not stolen anything and was not speeding? I think not.

Guy :helmet:

:2c:

Ok, here we go, one of my favorite soap-box topics.......

The whole issue of speeding has always been one that has pi**ed me off royally!!

Seems that its a world-wide problem as well.

Lets face facts, the majority of speed tickets are really nothing more than a tax/money grab by the local/provincial/state/what-have -you police/governments.

l'm all in favour of laws to protect and to stop stupid peple from doing stupid DSCN6234.jpg things.

However..the cost of speeding is totally out of keeping, in most cases, with the crime.

My favorite example?? get caught going 40 (very, very easy to do on any competent motorcycle) over most places gives you a hefty fine, points on your licence, increased insurance costs, some places even jail. ...a true hastle if nothing else, as you are now " acting in a manor as to endanger society, yourself, being a public nusance," or worse.

Now what happens if you are walking down the street, minding your own business, and a 15 yr.old walks up to you and for no reason slaps you hard in the face??

Do they get arrested ? charged with assault? go to jail? fined? etc. etc. .......no, as they are juveniles, they are above reproch, would they even get into trouble? What would happen to them ??..............nothing!!!!

Now, as laws are out there to protect and serve society, which is more offensive to society in general? Going along a quiet piece of highway at a speed over what is deemed safe for the cage drivers, or smacking someone on the street ??

Seems kinda bass-ackwards to me.

Don't get me wrong, l'm a very law abidding fellow, never speed myself you

see, just wondering, thats all..... :grin:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

To be fair there was not a lot the police could do when they turned up as he was long gone and last time I caught 2 guys trying to break into my car at 3am (luckily I stopped them just in time) the police turned up in 5 minutes with a dog van but again they were long gone because they had a car around the corner.

What tends to happen around here is that a particular thief will be eventually jailed if he is a repeat offender but as soon as he gets out he starts thieving again and it takes a while to catch him again and when he is put away again it all goes quiet.

There is a sense of injustice around the country re speed cameras and the government are trying to spin their way out of it but I can't see things really changing and as it stands I think fines and punishments for minor speeding will stay out of line compared to what punishment you get for car crime.

The thing is I know the thief will be back in a weeks time or so- they always come back if they find rich pickings so I will keeping one eye open as I sleep!

Guy :helmet: