MotoGP

helicopterjim R.I.P.

Everytime I read something about MotoGP this year it is something like this.

Every time I read about WSBK it is like this.

It looks like I'll stay up late to watch a lot of WSBK. I don't know yet if MotoGP will be as attractive at the rate they are going.

P.S.

WSBK

5 Suzuki's

5 Yamaha's

8 Ducati's

4 Kawasaki's

6 Honda's

2 Petronas'

30 riders competing.

MotoGP may be down to 16 riders competing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for Craig Jones on the Petronas in WSB. Every time I have watched him race he is spectacular- backs it into the corners, is always sideways on the brakes and always gets lightening starts. Doesn't take any prisoners either.

Maybe he is the guy to help move Petronas up a notch this year- even if not it will be a treat watching him.

Guy :helmet:

The MotoGP article was very sobering. But then the asians are masters at posturing to gain position (status). I hope that's what's going on, but there sure is a bunch of former MotoGP riders slated in the WSB series. :stupid:

Thanks for the post, Jim :bier:

any prisoners either.

Maybe he is the guy to help move Petronas up a notch this year- even if not it will be a treat watching him.

Guy  :helmet:

Are these Patronas sponsored also from Foggy?

Well the WSB (or earlier SBK) was more interesting to me because of the bikes that participated were these production designs. Moto GP can be exciting but wasn't as "touchable" as the WSB thing. :2c:

Are these Patronas sponsored also from Foggy?

Well the WSB (or earlier SBK) was more interesting to me because of the bikes that participated were these production designs. Moto GP can be exciting but wasn't as "touchable" as the WSB thing. :2c:

74083[/snapback]

Yes the Petronas team is the same team as run by Foggy.

Haven't seen a Petronas on the road yet but apparently they exist!

I've been lucky enough to see several WSB races live. Last year at Laguna was my first Moto GP. I was disapointed. Not really with the race itself. I mean, watching the race itself at home is better than at the track. So one shouldn't put a high expectation with it. But, the race track itself has been turned into an anticeptic security zone making it emotionless. The paddocks, for me the greatest place to watch the techs renew and prepare the machines in plain view, are now all behind closed doors and drop tarps. WSB was always better entertainment in and around the paddock and pits. And now that more and more big names are coming back to WSB, as well as manufacturers, WSB is gaining prominence over Moto GP in my eyes anyways.

Ciao, Steve G.

The WSB round at Brands Hatch is often the most well attended sporting event in the UK- over a 100,000 fans on a good day and the atmosphere is great with visitors from all over the world and loads of foghorns which go ballistic every time a favoured rider goes past.

The Formula One Grand Prix at Silverstone attracts about 60,000 but that gets better TV coverage for some reason. :huh2:

Last time I went I took a friend in the car who was a bit nervous about going pillion (ex-Manx GP racer but now a careful young mum) and it took 2 hours to leave the field I was parked in but it was still worth the trip.

I still enjoy Moto GP but WSB gets my vote. :bike:

:2c: personaly i want both, wheres garry mcoy, and no max. when the clashes between haga and bayliss were happening it was some of the best racing ever,but when it was simply the ducati cup superbike racing became boring to me. the move to moto gp by haga,mcoy,bayliss,edwards destroyed my interest and here we lost televised s/bikes live and got shit highlights. but the lineup for superbikes for this season looks good and the new blood to moto gp will hopefully spice things up. :helmet:

If a racer got a choice of what series to race in ( wsbk or motogp ) 99% would choose motogp as it still is the one to win. The whole world has heard of rossi now, but how many san name the wsbk champion!! I am not knocking WSBK as i follow both series but apart from last season i think it has been stale since foggy retired. Both will be good to watch this year.

Gary :whistle:

If I was going to cross the nullabour on a bike for an international race it would be the WSBK. Its just better pity the TV coverage is so rubbish the sad thing there is a group that watch the moto GP's on a large screen at a local establisment. The pub and a couple of the guys tried to get the same thing happening for the WSBK no one came never mind the racing was ten time better and the bikes were actully like the ones parked out the front. I wouldn't hold out too much ofr Petronas thier previous factory rider is the 2005 champion on a Suzuki (Troy Corser). Its about 2700kms to Adeliade from Perth Adeliade to Melbourne is around 800 and then the island is a mere hour and bit down the road from Melbourne. Depends on how much of a hurry you are in but its usually around 3-4 days each way on a bike at least.

:bier: i might add that our home super bike series is very competitive and good viewing, after all it did help produce the likes of wayne gardiner , mick doohan , troy corser , etc..etc . thanks for your post .. :rasta:

If I was going to cross the nullabour on a bike for an international race it would be the WSBK. Its just better pity the TV coverage is so rubbish the sad thing there is a group that watch the moto GP's on a large screen at a local establisment. The pub and a couple of the guys tried to get the same thing happening for the WSBK no one came never mind the racing was ten time better and the bikes were actully like the ones parked out the front. I wouldn't hold out too much ofr Petronas thier previous factory rider is the 2005 champion on a Suzuki (Troy Corser). Its about 2700kms to Adeliade from Perth Adeliade to Melbourne is around 800 and then the island is a mere hour and bit down the road from Melbourne. Depends on how much of a hurry you are in but its usually around 3-4 days each way on a bike at least.

74152[/snapback]

:bier:  i might add that our home super bike series is very competitive and good viewing, after all it did help produce the likes of  wayne gardiner , mick doohan , troy corser ,  etc..etc . thanks for your post .. :rasta:

74154[/snapback]

Wayne Gardner is my all time favourite gp racer, always gave 125% a true oz hero :2c: