MotoGP

helicopterjim R.I.P.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dukes are kicking butt today:

75606[/snapback]

it'll be very interesting to see if Vale will make it to the top of the charts tomorrow.

With the ego he has, he'll do everything he can to be up there in front of his very good Sete friend ;)

it'll be very interesting to see if Vale will make it to the top of the charts tomorrow.

With the ego he has, he'll do everything he can to be up there in front of his very good Sete friend ;)

75618[/snapback]

It's that EGO that makes Rossi so great. I sense that the public's attitude is about to turn ohin, but suspect that Rossi is bright enough to understand that people dislike us for our adequacies -- not our inadequacies.

I hated his move at Jerez, but I respect him as the ultimate competitor. However, I believe we are just one confidence-inspiring win for Sete' away from a much more competitive Moto GP season. Don't forget Nicky -- or Peanut Pedrosa.

Also, don't care if I'm the only one who thinks this, but DePuniet is gonna show flashes...

Very excited about the coming year..............

:thumbsup:sepang practise enjoy...

75840[/snapback]

Thank you, Staedtler. Damn, I guess this Peanut Pedrosa is for real.

And, oh, I do not want to hear the name "Hopkins" and "potential" in the same sentence again.

Damn, I can't wait...

the gimp

ucati Marlboro continued from where they left off in the third and final day of the Sepang Test. Today it was again Sete Gibernau´s turn to head the leaderboard. The Spaniard, with a lap of 2´01.03- the best time of the entire 3 day test-overcame his teammate Loris Capirossi by mere thousandths of a second.

Marco Melandri took third position with a fast lap which left him a breath away from the time achieved by the Ducatis. This came after he was somewhat off the pace in the Tuesday test. Dani Pedrosa continued his fast and consistent performances, closing the Malaysia Test with the fourth fastest lap. Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden, Shinya Nakano, Randy de Puniet, Toni Elías and Chris Vermeulen completed the top ten.

All of the teams, with the exception of Kawasaki Racing who extend their training program to stay an extra day, will bid farewell to the Malaysian circuit today until the preseason returns to Sepang in February. Next week Honda, Kawasaki and Ducati will test in Phillip Island, whilst Yamaha and Suzuki MotoGP will take to the track at the start of next month in Qatar.

Sepang Test – Day 3

Unofficial Times

1. Sete Gibernau(Ducati Marlboro) - 2’01.03

2. Loris Capirossi (Ducati Marlboro) - 2’01.08

3. Marco Melandri (Fortuna Honda) - 2’01.09

4. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) - 2’01.51

5. Valentino Rossi (Camel Yamaha) - 2’01.601

6. Nicky Hayden (Repsol Honda) - 2’01.69

7. Shinya Nakano (Kawasaki Racing) - 2’01.79

8. Randy de Puniet (Kawasaki Racing) - 2’02.18

9. Toni Elías (Fortuna Honda) - 2’02.23

10. Chris Vermeulen (Suzuki MotoGP) - 2’02.37

11. Colin Edwards (Camel Yamaha) - 2’02.45

12. John Hopkins (Suzuki MotoGP) - 2’02.50

13. Casey Stoner (LCR Honda) - 2’02.67

14. Alex Hofmann (D’Antin Ducati) - 2’03.20

15. Kenny Roberts jr. (KR Honda) - 2’03.45

16. Shinichi Itoh (Ducati- Bridgestone) - 2’03.72

17. James Ellison (Yamaha Tech 3) - 2’04.12

18. Jose Luis Cardoso (D’Antin Ducati) - 2’04.30

19. Naoki Matsudo (Kawasaki Racing) - 2’05.48

...and Biaggi is negotiating with Alstare Corona Suzuki for a WSC ride.

Biaggi

75944[/snapback]

An insider Alstare source has send my way what could be the reason: the riders are less than happy to see max coming in the box, asking for numero uno rider status prior to even any other discussions...