From Russia With Love

luhbo

Supertwin,

Michael came by just after he had his bike painted. Came out really good, humm, looks alot like my bike now. Can you say Mirror image. :grin:

Hey, I saw a set of wheels for a Ghezzi-Brian on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brembo-Moto...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am healing up slowly, the pelvic fractures and ribs are healed, I am now in Physical Theropy getting my movement and strength back from my stomach down to my legs. What fun, I have Physical Theropy and Chripractor apointments just about every week, doesnt give me much time to work on my bikes. :huh2: Dealing with all the secondary injurys from the crash seems to be the main area I need to work on (elbows, wrist, thumb etc). I have gone on a few short rides, getting better with time.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Mike...that fruit's ripe for the pickin'!  How ya' healin'?  Seen Michaels' Supertwin since painted?

74116[/snapback]

Hang in there , Mike! The long term therapy is where most people get frustrated and bug out. Keep it up and you'll be the best in the long haul!

Have you been riding any? Need to restore that natural reach to the clip-ons. :bike:

Docc,

I must say that I was lucky that the pelvic fractures healed up quite well. The Chiropractor that I now visit regularly is amazed on how fast my body is healing up and expects a full recovery (could take up to three years). What I didn't expect was how long it takes to recover once the bones are completely healed. :homer: Doing some movements that used to be easy like just rolling out of bed or even getting out of a car are getting easier but you really feel the muscles working when doing these simple things. I do have ups and downs, feel good one day and not the next. Stretching, walking, slowly building up the muscles in all the weakened areas is a full time job right now.

4 weeks ago, I was finally able to lift my leg high enough to put it over a bike :notworthy: I felt that I had enough lower body strength now to hold a light bike up so, I have been taking the Ducati's out for some very short rides. No problems with my lower body, but I am also dealing with elbow and wrist pain which could be the limiting factor on long hauls. As for the bikes with the lower clip-ons, I can ride them without too much wrist pain, I just need to keep changing my hand position. I just wish the weather was better so I could put more miles on!

Thanks,

Mike

Hang in there , Mike! The long term therapy is where most people get frustrated and bug out. Keep it up and you'll be the best in the long haul!

Have you been riding any? Need to restore that natural reach to the clip-ons. :bike:

74180[/snapback]

Good to hear about your recovery, Mike :thumbsup:

Keep exercising them ol' bones - that's the only cure. I stopped training for 6 months during my recovery after my accident (also a broken pelvis + a ruined kneecap after a bicycling accident in 2001) and that was the worst thing I've ever done. You gotta keep the body in shape at all time, otherwise you'll end up as a coach potatoe.

Good luck.

Søren

but I am also dealing with elbow and wrist pain

74189[/snapback]

When I said that you should try to excercise the muscles that don't cause discomfort to your hip, I did not mean exceeding 100 repetitions per day.

Back off on the visits to that from Russia with love website, and ignore Staedtler's posts and your wrist will heal up fine. :thumbsup:

Soren,

Everyone still ask me if I sold all my bikes, my reply is "I could of broken my pelvis on my bicycle", which is quite true.

Back in 2000, I was heavy into bicycling, I did three double century rides (200 miles in a day) but got burn't out from all the training and the amount of time you needed to keep at that level. Well, now is my chance to get back into shape and hopefully back into cycling. I have also been doing alot around the house and it seems to help out with the elbows, wrist and thumb pains I was getting.

Thanks,

Mike

Good to hear about your recovery, Mike  :thumbsup:

Keep exercising them ol' bones - that's the only cure. I stopped training for 6 months during my recovery after my accident (also a broken pelvis + a ruined kneecap after a bicycling accident in 2001) and that was the worst thing I've ever done. You gotta keep the body in shape at all time, otherwise you'll end up as a coach potatoe.

Good luck.

Søren

74191[/snapback]

Doctor David,

I have not been to the Russia With Love Website for a week and now my wrist hurt more :P So now what do I do about my hairy palms :huh2:

Mike

When I said that you should try to excercise the muscles that don't cause discomfort to your hip, I did not mean exceeding 100 repetitions per day.

Back off on the visits to that from Russia with love website, and ignore Staedtler's posts and your wrist will heal up fine.  :thumbsup:

74198[/snapback]

Doctor David,

I have not been to the Russia With Love Website for a week and now my wrist hurt more  :P  So now what do I do about my hairy palms :huh2:

Mike

74528[/snapback]

LOL

Please don't sue me for malpractice.

I prescribe one daily visit, stay focused on the photos or you'll go blind!

100 properly paced repetitions, and no more than that!

If you need more reps, get the nurse to help. :wub:

And once your hip is back in shape, stay off the website and get back to your husbandly duty :P

But seriously, you may find that one of those squeeze ball exercisers may help.

You better get a second opinion from the real DOCC

Mike,

Glad to hear you've been out riding! As therapy I certainly prefer it to sitting in the chair wired up to electro-pulse. True that the 3 year mark is considered 100%. The difficult thing is to maintain a diligent course of rehabilitation for that long. Most people get bored with it and just accept whatever deficit remains. You hang in there with it! ( More of that "Russian stim" perhaps - you know "no pain- no gain". No one knows this more than the Russians.)

I tried the " could have been the lawnmower" defense, but selling the mowers to ensure my safety didn't fly.

We are such a small slice of the general populace. Most people cannot comprehend why anyone would ride. And to suggest not riding? Like telling a bird the virtues of walking.