1st impressions-WOW

Guest citimoto

Guest citimoto

Gents, I finally received the v11 from MPH (shipping mix up nobodys fault really). All I can say is that I am shocked at how much I like this bike. I picked the bike up from Forward Air here in Charlotte yesterday. Almost Monsoon like conditions rain blowing sideways, deep standing puddles, but not too cold. I will be out of town all next week so knew that I had to have it home before I left. ive got to tell you , when i rolled it out of the crate (people kind of noticed "its an I-talian racebike"). Put some gas in, checked the oil- hit start-JESUS CHRIST! Stucchis + mistral cans booming all over that warehouse, heads snapping towards me, my kids covering their ears. What a symphony. I figured I would take it slow due to unfamiliar bike, horrendous rain, fog through downtown and was a bit nervous.What a surprise, it felt like we where old friends.-I have not grinned like that in such crappy conditions in years. All of a sudden, despite the conditions I felt that feeling that we all hadthe first time we got on a bike and rolled on the throttle. Not much of a ride home but bike felt solid and was just "fun". I just took it out for an hour this morning and I am still even more amazed. This bike has everything in spades, power delivery is smooth, ohlins are set up nice, and that sound! I thought that performance wise I would be dissapointed as all my fiends that ride 999's said I would regret the purchase but this is everything a bike should be. It just seems to tap into the feelings that are at the core of why we all ride. Apparently its what Ive been lacking My wife is not a motorcycle person but is drawn like a magpie to shiny, expensive Italian things. She said that she thought this bike was absolutely beautiful and classic looking and the noise was not just noise for the sake of it but seemed to have substance and soul to it. She didnt believe me when I told her how little I paid for it. Sorry to ramble but Im just giddy. im just pissed that I didnt come into the fold sooner. Sorry, Im off for another ride. Chris

Welcome to the Soul of Guzzi's!

Yes, many of us feel the same way as you did on our first ride and still do!

Most of my friends question why I love Guzzi's, I guess they are missing something! :P:huh2: Oh well!

Have fun with your new ride,

Mike

Gents, I finally received the v11 from MPH (shipping mix up nobodys fault really). All I can say is that I am shocked at how much I like this bike. I picked the bike up from Forward Air here in Charlotte yesterday. Almost Monsoon like conditions rain blowing sideways, deep standing puddles, but not too cold. I will be out of town all next week so knew that I had to have it home before I left. ive got to tell you , when i rolled it out of the crate (people kind of noticed "its an I-talian racebike"). Put some gas in, checked the oil- hit start-JESUS CHRIST! Stucchis + mistral cans booming all over that warehouse, heads snapping towards me, my kids covering their ears.  What a symphony. I figured I would take it slow due to unfamiliar bike, horrendous rain, fog through downtown and was a bit nervous.What a surprise, it felt like we where old friends.-I have not grinned like that in such crappy conditions in years. All of a sudden, despite the conditions I felt that feeling that we all hadthe first time we got on a bike and rolled on the throttle. Not much of a ride home but bike felt solid and was just "fun". I just took it out for an hour this morning and I am still even more amazed. This bike has everything in spades, power delivery is smooth, ohlins are set up nice, and that sound! I thought that performance wise I would be dissapointed as all my fiends that ride 999's said I would regret the purchase but this is everything a bike should be. It just seems to tap into the feelings that are at the core of why we all ride.  Apparently its what Ive been lacking  My wife is not a motorcycle person but is drawn like a magpie to shiny, expensive Italian things. She said that she thought this bike was absolutely beautiful and classic looking and the noise was not just noise for the sake of it but seemed to have substance and soul to it. She didnt believe me when I told her how little I paid for it.  Sorry to ramble but Im just giddy. im just pissed that I didnt come into the fold sooner. Sorry, Im off for another ride.  Chris

74443[/snapback]

Gents, I finally received the v11 from MPH (shipping mix up nobodys fault really). .What a surprise, it felt like we where old friends.-I have not grinned like that in such crappy conditions in years. All of a sudden, despite the conditions I felt that feeling that we all hadthe first time we got on a bike and rolled on the throttle. Not much of a ride home but bike felt solid and was just "fun". I just took it out for an hour this morning and I am still even more amazed. This bike has everything in spades, power delivery is smooth, ohlins are set up nice, and that sound! I thought that performance wise I would be dissapointed as all my fiends that ride 999's said I would regret the purchase but this is everything a bike should be. It just seems to tap into the feelings that are at the core of why we all ride. .  .

Chris

Apparently there are a bunch of good feelings coming out once the Character and the individuality of a Guzzi gets appreciated and that can't be far from truth.

People with 999's would be first dissapointed when they'll see the bills of the service on their bikes, or with quirky Duck nature faults , with parts falling off and so on. Are these tail piece frame still braking down?:lol:

So just enjoy your ride :thumbsup: and let anyone envy you because of the good choice you made. :mg:

Congrats again :drink: , and have always safe rides. :helmet:

Pleased for you, Chris. They're not bad, are they? Let's have a photo, then.

I used to be a Ducati person, a long time ago.

All women are drawn to shiny, expensive Italian things. Personally, I'm drawn to shiny, expensive, Italian women.

Welcome!

Bob

When I collected mine it was also chucking it down with rain. I ended up overtaking a 748 on the way back (more to do with rider confidence in the wet to pick ones way through traffic). Yes it gives ultimate performance away to most middleweights and definitely 1100cc bikes. But it has enough and is usable. But most of all it's fun.

Wierd ain't it?

My Duc is fully insured and registered and I've ridden it twice

maybe since I got the LaMa in May...and I really liked my Duc.

Ducs are just too MENTAL. Wonderful... but MENTAL.

Definately the best built machine I've ever owned

You can Duc around on the Goose or you can Beemer around on it

or even go sub-sonic and rumble through a little town @ 2500RPM.

It's just the best. Alot of people are missing out on the best motorcyling

experiance there is.

I get giddy everytime I ride'er unless I just got done riding her hard and I need to get somewhere and I'm not sure if the thing will start or not from the vapor lock but this summer I'm going to try and fix that nugget. Otherwise it has been the best bike for the money BAR NONE. I got lucky I Think. I have enough stuff to work on getting for it to keep me busy for awhile too. g'dluck :thumbsup:

Chris, great to hear about the new ride. Do me a favor though....never forget how much you are enjoying it now. I say this because as with all forums, you'll tend to read more about people having problems or working on upgrades....don't worry...there are just as many untold stories of perfectly running bikes and great rides. :race:

cheers and enjoy the cult :bier:

Chris, great to hear about the new ride.  Do me a favor though....never forget how much you are enjoying it now.  I say this because as with all forums, you'll tend to read more about people having problems or working on upgrades....don't worry...there are just as many untold stories of perfectly running bikes and great rides.  :race:

cheers and enjoy the cult  :bier:

74536[/snapback]

secondly it doesn't matter which bike you buy there is going to be a forum that can make it sound like shite, Also there is always someone somewhere that will swear he'll never buy another "fill in the blank" as long as he lives. Problems are always remembered before praises. To each thier own. For me its a Guzzi. :mg: