griso modded

Paul Minnaert

You don't have to tell the wife that's an extra?

75480[/snapback]

I don't HAVE to tell her anything.

Trouble is, there are too many new bikes that I like the look of.... Yes the Griso is nice, but so is the Firebolt and that new BMW 800 twin might be worth a look too.

:2c: a friend and myself, did a ride to sydney last weekend,an excellent ride of 1100k return trip, we did it mostly back roads where possible, we did most of the legendery rds for motorcycles between kempsey and sydney, returned home via putty rd and gloucester. one of the things friend lined up to do was test ride a griso, while down there. so he got his test ride but was not that impressed with the experience, felt it a bit to civilised, a bit to compliant, and not as raw as his v11 rosso, i trust his oppinion, are they that boring or do v11 riders need that raw antique feel. my question is has any one else here ridden the griso and would care to share the experience, as i'm thinking of buying one, iv'e ridden the breva 11 and enjoyed it. but i much prefer the look of the griso. find it hard to like the muffler though..cheers gazza.

Guest julianashcroft

I've got one. Not put too many miles on it yet, as the weather isn't brilliant on the Isle of Man at the moment. I managed to get out on the Griso last Saturday and did about forty miles on mixed country roads and a fast mountain road (TT Course). After coming from a long line of Japanese Bikes, I thought the Griso would be a little more basic in it's handling and power delivery, but it handles so much better than the 2003 Z1000 I traded in for the Griso. While the Z1 would sometimes struggle around bends and jump about on the slightest bumps in the road, the Griso felt firm and planted.

Obviously top speed can't match the Z1 and you feel the wind blast at much slower speeds due to the lack of any type of fairing or cowl, but top speed isn't the thing about this bike. Its not a motorway cruiser and is more suited to twisty roads. The bike is also pretty comfortable. For me the position of the bars and footrests are just about spot on. The side stand is a bit of a pain to reach to kick down, but you get used to it. The indicator switch gear position takes some getting used to so that you don't sound the horn when turning left or right. To alter anything on the instruments you need to get the handbook out.

The finish looks and feels good, hopefully it will stay that way.

In the looks department the bike is very different to anything else on the road. I even like the large can, but may look at changing it to the MG replacement which is out soon.

I am happy with my decision to by the Griso and look forward to many miles of riding when the weather improves.

:bier: well thanks for your view.i like the look as stated previously, and liked my ride on breva so hoping the griso to be just that bit better. my only problem really is the price, $23000 aus dollars is serious stuff, and don't want dissapointment. thanks for your input..ciao gazza.

I've got one. Not put too many miles on it yet, as the weather isn't brilliant on the Isle of Man at the moment. I managed to get out on the Griso last Saturday and did about forty miles on mixed country roads and a fast mountain road (TT Course). After coming from a long line of Japanese Bikes, I thought the Griso would be a little more basic in it's handling and power delivery, but it handles so much better than the 2003 Z1000 I traded in for the Griso. While the Z1 would sometimes struggle around bends and jump about on the slightest bumps in the road, the Griso felt firm and planted.

Obviously top speed can't match the Z1 and you feel the wind blast at much slower speeds due to the lack of any type of fairing or cowl, but top speed isn't the thing about this bike. Its not a motorway cruiser and is more suited to twisty roads. The bike is also pretty comfortable. For me the position of the bars and footrests are just about spot on. The side stand is a bit of a pain to reach to kick down, but you get used to it. The indicator switch gear position takes some getting used to so that you don't sound the horn when turning left or right. To alter anything on the instruments you need to get the handbook out.

The finish looks and feels good, hopefully it will stay that way.

In the looks department the bike is very different to anything else on the road. I even like the large can, but may look at changing it to the MG replacement which is out soon.

I am happy with my decision to by the Griso and look forward to many miles of riding when the weather improves.

75596[/snapback]

:bier:  well thanks for your view.i like the look as stated previously, and liked my ride on breva so hoping the griso to be just that bit better. my only problem really is the price, $23000 aus dollars is serious stuff, and don't want dissapointment. thanks for your input..ciao gazza.

75598[/snapback]

Wow, that is serious money for the griso, £9652 in oz against £7500 over here.

Gary

Guest julianashcroft
Wow, that is serious money for the griso,  £9652 in oz  against £7500 over here.

Gary

75599[/snapback]

It is. I think the Griso is pretty well priced over here. For such a unique bike, and not put together from the parts bin, I expected the price to be nearer £9,000.00 when it came out so was pretty pleased to 'only' pay £7,500.00.