Tacho reset

macguzzi

I'm thinking you're speaking of the reset knob for the trip odometer?

It does unscrew. In fact it will sometimes unscrew without asking you and cast itself to the wind. To avoid this, I resorted to a little blue Loctite and a slice through the rubber gasket for removal.

Headed into the speedo for a look around?

I think it varies by model years.

Docc's and mine are reversed threaded on.

So, whenever we reset our trip meter, we should turn it counter-clockwise.

I turn it to zero twice, just to make sure it tightens it.

I am not sure about the 2003 models...

I think it varies by model years.

Docc's and mine are reversed threaded on.

So, whenever we reset our trip meter, we should turn it counter-clockwise.

I turn it to zero twice, just to make sure it tightens it.

I am not sure about the 2003 models...

74707[/snapback]

Do you mean left hand thread, mine are white faced Veglia. I want to replace one of the consol bulbs but the allen bolts in it just turn and turn. So i presume access is from the rear

Do you mean left hand thread, mine are white faced Veglia. I want to replace one of the consol bulbs but the allen bolts in it just turn and turn. So i presume access is from the rear

74724[/snapback]

those little bulbs were hard for me to find so I got slightly brighter ones and just replaced them both. The dials are easier to read now tho. ^_^ but I also notice it dims more when the revs drop eh :huh2:

I have an 04 LeMans and discovered that the trip meter knob is held in place via a tiny phillips head screw (lefty loosy, righty tighty).  If you look closely you can see it with flashlight.

Rocketman

74726[/snapback]

My trip meter knob went awol about the first time i rode the bike, may replace it some day :huh2:

Mine broke as well on my 03 Rosso. Ended up making a replacement.

Mike

My trip meter knob went awol about the first time i rode the bike, may replace it some day :huh2:

74769[/snapback]

The problem was that the little odometer screw fell out and then the knob broke. No one at the time knew what size the little odometer screw was so I took measurements from the odometer shaft and machined a reset knob out of aluminum. I got lucky and had a numbered drill bit that was with in .001" of the shaft. Since I had no screw, I put a drop of red loctite on the shaft and pushed on the new knob. Has been good for the last 6000 miles. I just hope I never have to take it off.

I did a search and found the picture:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=2520

Mike

Is it a easy fix Mike :huh2:  :thumbsup:

74802[/snapback]

• 7 years later...

Hi Guys

I have a 2006 Ballabio, and just fitted a new speedo. The new speedo has a male thread on the reset.

Does anyone know whether the knobs are available as spares, or does anyone know the thread?

Thanks

Rob