Motivation

Dr Gil

A girl I used to work with who had a boyfriend also with a Moto Guzzi used to call them "Money Guzzlers".

Guy  :helmet:

75684[/snapback]

That from a woman is the best case of the pot calling the kettle black that I have ever seen!

I thought we all agreed that you should whack the f***er with a huge rubber mallet? the above is worthy of a bodge point IMHO

75717[/snapback]

Only if he really did it. Hitting your bike in your imagination has to be ok. Otherwise I would run out of bodge points.....

I really do the rubber mallet thing with the sump if I need to.

Unfortunately I had no pics of a Guzzi being whacked with a rubber mallet- the pic in the poster is a friend caled Magnus in Montmedy, France when his ignition switch got full of water beacuse it rained so much and it rusted inside.

Nothing that a bit of temporary hot wiring could not fix!

Guy :helmet:

I know that the "monopoly house" switch blocks on early eighties Guzzis contain small springs trained to seek the nearest gravel patch. When I had finished with mine all that was left inoperative was the starter button, so I unscrewed the front door bell push, wired it up and taped it on: worked a treat. I got into this fix in the first place by hitting the right-hand switch block with a rubber mallet.

Can I have a bodge point?

I know that the "monopoly house" switch blocks on early eighties Guzzis contain small springs trained to seek the nearest gravel patch. When I had finished with mine all that was left inoperative was the starter button, so I unscrewed the front door bell push, wired it up and taped it on: worked a treat. I got into this fix in the first place by hitting the right-hand switch block with a rubber mallet.

Can I have a bodge point?

75815[/snapback]

yes if you can provide pictures

yes if you can provide pictures

75817[/snapback]

You think I'm making it up, don't you?

It was before the days of digital cameras; come to that, it was before the days of PCs. Can't find one of the bodge, and I have looked, but here's one of the bike. I'll forego the bodge point...........until someone asks me for a photo of the Armstrong I fitted with handlebars off a Jap 50cc trailbike after the originals were bent.

And, no, I don't still look like that. I can't believe I ever did.

V50.jpg

Not to be uncolorful, but, other than the depreciation ( shocking!), my warranty was stellar and the bike is so servicable, I believe I can keep it running for decades. Makes me so glad not to have bought that BMW.