Full face helmets may kill you!

Guzzirider

I don't know about all this stuff (and must confess to having skipped most of the "deep" research and wordiness of the article) but I do know that in my crash last summer (55-60 mph slide 200' down the tarmac) my full faced Shoei saved my face (and maybe more). :thumbsup:

90% of the damage to my helmet in the accident was on the face shield and chinpiece. I wouldn't consider riding without a full faced helmet, never. That's not to say they couldn't still be improved. ;)

helmet.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This assumes that most of us who took the mickey were bored/intellectually inadequate/just plain stupid. That's at least mildly insulting, and I think you would be quite surprised if you became aware of the academic backgrounds of some of the members you seems content to patronise. Actually, it was just an outbreak of sense of fun.

Accept, my friend, that some of us don't think the V11 forum is the appropriate arena to get serious about serious issues: it's not what we're here for. I enjoy my time here, but I don't expect or want to become embroiled here in issues I am nevertheless very well qualified to discuss.

Cheers.

76104[/snapback]

Precisely!! Ratchet - you have a way of "quietly" insulting the intelligence of anyone who could find fault with your opinions.

You have insulted me indirectly several times. If I had thinner skin I might have taken offence. Instead I just had some fun with it.

BTW, My name appears as a collaborator on a modest number of published studies in the early detection of lung cancer. None of which can be found on the internet. All of which are, as you like to put it, very scientific.

cheers,

Rj

Guest ratchethack
Ratchet - you have a way of "quietly" insulting the intelligence of anyone who could find fault with your opinions.

BTW,  My name appears as a collaborator on a modest number of published studies in the early detection of lung cancer.  None of which can be found on the internet.  All of which are, as you like to put it, very scientific.

Ryan, I see y'er still gunnin' for me. Did you sense an "opening" of some kind for yourself here? :huh2: By all means - have at it, my friend. Gimme y'er best shot. Sorry it seems to have gotten personal for you.

I'm certainly guilty of "quietly insulting the intelligence" of those who CAN'T find fault with the quality of the evidence I've brought to back up my opinions, and then falsely claimed to've done so. That weren't no accident, my friend. -_- It's gotta be really frustrating for you. I b'lieve the record speaks very well for itself, but you've at least gotta be able to put forth an effort to read and demonstrate something with a passing resemblance to objectivity.... I reckon you had plenty of opportunity. :huh2:

You've been holding out on us with the depth of your scientific credentials, it seems! With such a foundation in science, you're no doubt very familiar with the passion of pursuing truth in scientific debate. Y'er probably also very familiar with the concept that scientific argument is what Sharon Begley, Editor of Science Journal at the Wall Street Journal, has often referred to as a "blood sport"!!! (Though I wouldn't go quite that far myself... :o ) But I'm pleased to know you have such a "thick skin", my friend...You've had a great number of opportunities to take me on and demonstrate it. What happened? :P:grin:

I guess the best way to avoid any injury is to stay in bed

76083[/snapback]

gee, there goes bondage :(

I don't think a helmet can save your life so I ride like this.

nakedmadrid2.jpg

the bugs and rock sting a little at first but you get used to it.  :bike:

76148[/snapback]

Geez Ben, I didn't realize that you've had such a cute body! :wub:

Geez Ben, I didn't realize that you've had such a cute body!  :wub:

76155[/snapback]

no no, I'm way in the back, way back, another continent back with my clothes on and a helmet, leathers and boots. :helmet:

I tend to destroy threads with my nonsence, I'm not the only one, I am doing my best to make up for BFG being MIA. :huh2:

BTW,  My name appears as a collaborator on a modest number of published studies in the early detection of lung cancer.  None of which can be found on the internet.  All of which are, as you like to put it, very scientific.

76128[/snapback]

Ryan, where you one of the smokers? peepwall1.gif