Full face helmets may kill you!

Guzzirider

Hi all I just can not ride a motorbike w/o the helmet, but in a pedal bike I do have that false sense of security...

My bike is back home... months after, it still with its old parts and a brand new old fasion tire with inner tube (I did not ask before so I will not complain)(it will be a hard flat fix on the road)

At the shop my wife got exited about the Nevada 750... She said she'll buy it...if NIH keeps paying her to play with broken harts.

So Peace and Love for all...

(Probably Tex Banana, is indeed what we eat. In the USA there is no law enforcing the posting and disclosure to the consummer of genetically altered food)

Anthro

Femalebiking.jpg

banfish_copy.jpg

Edited by Anthro

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this develops into a transatlantic spelling competition thread, I'm selling my V11 and leaving the forum to find a "senile farts on British bikes arguing about the correct mudguard stay screws on a 1932 Velocette GTP" forum. There must be one, and it might be more to the point than global warming and the correct use of the apostrophe of omission.

Anyway, when did you last hear "Let me through - I have a doctorate in English grammar"?

ok i have some insight into this having been the survivor of quite a few high velocity crashes while racing Super G on my race snowboard back in the 90's.

The worst crash I had in 18 years of snowboarding was the one day I wasn't wearing my helmet. Typically i wouldn't wear it if i was teaching , (for increased visibility, hearing etc). A bad decision to hit a kicker that looked rather inviting , followed by an backflip gone wrong resulted in 54 staples in the back of my head, holding my skull together and an interesting smiley scar to scare small children with if i ever go bald. oh yeah plus the resulting 3 day permanent memory loss. That pretty much sucked !

For the longest time racing I'd wear a Leedom helmet, which is the official sponsor of the US ski team and at the time sponsored the Uk Snowboard team as well. I crashed in this helmet at around 55-60 mph when i hit a submerged rock under some powder while freeriding. The resultant crash was mostly absorbed by the helmet but force still smashed my goggles and broke my nose and jaw, not pretty !

So anyways now i ride around in a full motorcross helmet on days when i'm going to do anything remotely "serious". So far i've been pretty stoked on it, i stay warmer and get to protect both my face and my goggles, which at 300 bucks a pop, are a pain in the ass to replace.

oh yeah plus the resulting 3 day permanent memory loss. That pretty much sucked !

76290[/snapback]

So, do you have it like the guy in the movie, "Memento" who can't remember anything for more than a few seconds, but your memory lasts about three days?

Or did you have complete memory loss for 3 days, but got your memory back after 3 days?.... so it was not permanent?

A few years ago I fell down some stairs, hit the back of my head and for a while got reoccuring hallucinations or intensifications of smells. Actually, I think I still get them, but it is less frequent and intense.

I met a dyno guy today, Louie of L&L, who got CO asphyxiation, which messed up his signals temporarilly, so that he did not know where he had been, but he knew where he was going.

He told some story of working the dyno at the track, getting a headache, giving a guy a ride home on his way home, but ending up back at the track, and calling his wife to find out where he was supposed to be. Crazy stuff.

He'll be doing Dyno runs tomorrow in San Diego see http://www.buymoto.com

if any San Diegans are interested...

And he really is a sharp guy...just temporary damage...

Hi Tex, i'm doing fine thanks for asking :) and Ingrid will soon be gracing our tv screens here in the USA with a new show for CNBC called "American Made". I think the first air date is in March, but I need to check. They start filming next week.

My memory of the accident is kinda weird, i just dont recollect anything i did about 3 days before the accident and then prior to waking up in the IR in Wenatchee, but after thatt it was business as usual and everything seemed back to normal.

:angry: You morbid twat! just ride the bloody thing will yer!your post is a load of crap, full face / open face ? who cares as long as you enjoy your time on the planet !! :bike::race::thumbsup:

:angry: You morbid twat! just ride the bloody thing will yer!your post is a load of crap, full face / open face ? who cares as long as you enjoy your time on the planet !!  :bike:  :race:  :thumbsup:

76406[/snapback]

"morbid twat!" What crawled up your hole and died?

This thread gave me more confidence to go fast in my Arrow convertible retractable chin bar helmet!

FF-Arrow-open-sm.jpg

FF-Helmet.donut-md.jpg

This thread gave me more respect for leather faced, goggle wearing nut cases.

acc02L.jpg

Although now I have less faith in my Snell approved Shoei...

2808813_200X150.jpg

I feel naked w/o my full face...flip up and the rest of the gear.

It's a dangerous sport and it's scarrier @ 20-30mph in traffic than

100+ some where else.

I just roll my eyes and shake my head when I see someone w/o a helmet...

especially below 50 deg.....oh yea...he's a tough guy...real BIKER.

Me ...I'm a sissy with only 35yrs on bikes and a decade of racing.

Hell yea I wear my helmet..

Any other opinion is daft....and comes from a reigon well below the neck.

:2c:

:angry: You morbid twat!

76406[/snapback]

Cliffy

I see the intelligent wit of Oscar Wild is still alive and well :D

Please read the forum guidelines before making any more posts- you will notice a section on politeness and personal attacks.

Guy :helmet: