Heavy Bar End Weights Question?

FJR05

Throttlemeister heavy bar-end weights (14 oz.) per many recommendations on this Forum (including me).  If you do a search, you'll get some pretty good feedback. :thumbsup:

http://www.throttlemeister.com/HeavyStand.html

76088[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice but I'm looking for a cheaper pair. In the past I installed Top gun weights on my 05FJR with a Vista-Cruise and thats the type I'm looking for.

Guest ratchethack
Thanks for the advice but I'm looking for a cheaper pair. In the past I installed Top gun weights on my 05FJR with a Vista-Cruise and thats the type I'm looking for.

You seem to've had the answer to your question before you asked? :huh2:

I'm looking for  some suggestions for some heavy bar end weights for my 04 Ballabio? TIA,S.D.

76086[/snapback]

I too recommend the Throttlemeister. Have the large ones on my RT and they made a noticable difference. Very nice machine work too.

I too recommend the Throttlemeister. Have the large ones on my RT and they made a noticable difference. Very nice machine work too.

76242[/snapback]

I like the throttlemisters but for the money I have to go with manic hands down, almost half the money for just as(if not nicer) options. thats just me tho. :huh2:

black, crome, steel, Ssteel. dragonfly ends now. :huh2:

• 8 months later...

Is the install straightforward with the manics?

OH yeah. just unscrew the stock bar ends slide them out, slide in the manics and tighten down the screw. takes about 30 seconds each side. Couldn't be any easier than if they threaded into the bars like the stock ones. But I have even removed mine a couple times for various reasons and they still hold in fine, super tight. The guy at manic said he could sell me some new expansion nuts for cheap if I actually wear them out too. The guys there are great. :thumbsup:

they also took a hard fall when it got backed into by a honda (first thing to hit) and its only scuffed, I just buffed as best I could and spun the bar ends so the scratches face down. I think everybike I buy will have their barends installed.

How much different are these from the ones already there? My V11 sport already has what looks like weights on the ends of the bars.

Do the aftermarket ones help the mirror vibration? You probably have the same problem seeing what's behind you at highway speeds.

Thanks

Joe

I like the throttlemeisters too. Funny tho, I don't notice any difference at all between OEM, TM standard, and heavy bar ends. Though the bigguns look good, they don't seem to offer any real benefit over lighter models.

Just my opinion.

How much different are these from the ones already there? My V11 sport already has what looks like weights on the ends of the bars.

Do the aftermarket ones help the mirror vibration? You probably have the same problem seeing what's behind you at highway speeds.

Thanks

Joe

Heavier bar ends help, but you can get more results, cheaper by heading down to your friendly neighborhood gun shop & buying a bag of lead shot [used for reloading shot shells] & then filling up the bars w/ the lead. Yes, it makes the bike weigh more, but it absorbs vibration [being little soft balls rattling around inside the bars.] The stock handlebar ends can hold'em in place.

Don't eat or smoke while loading them into the bars, & wash your hands after.

:mg:

Further to the lead shot process. I figure I'm not going to change, so I mix the shot with Silicone RTV goop, then poor it in. It locks it in, can move and seems to work better. If you spray the inside of the bars with mold reelease or PAM, you can occasionally pull the sucker out in one shot. It's worked for me for years

You want cheap? Do what I did. Go get some used wheel balance weights from the local bike shop, melt them down [make sure it's down wind of yourself, it's not good at all for you], and pour it down the end of each bar. Then I put Napolean Beren bar end mirrors, themselves a vibration reducer, and now, I have no, NO vibration.

Ciao, Steve G.