Destination Highways

helicopterjim R.I.P.

I was at the Vancouver Bike Show and was checking out the Destination Highways booth. They will be coming out with a guidebook for Northern California to compliment the DH BC and DH Washington guidebooks presently available.

To anyone not familiar with Destination Highways guidebooks I shall give you a quote from their website.

A Destination Highway is rarely a major highway and often not even a secondary one. It’s the kind of road you’d travel to, to journey on — it is the destination.

The guidebooks provide you with all the information on how to find these roads, what to expect when you ride them and where to find all the things that go with a good ride like restaurants and accomodations.

I have the guidebook for British Columbia and I can tell you that the ratings they give each road for twistiness and quality of pavement and more are very accurate. I have used my book to plan more than one routing to include as much winding road as possible.

I could say lots more but I think a few links to their website will provide you with much more than I could say. Enjoy the ride!!!

Destination Highways Washington

Destination Highways British Columbia

Destination Highways Northern California

DH1 BC

DH1 Washington

I was at the Vancouver Bike Show and was checking out the Destination Highways booth. They will be coming out with a guidebook for Northern California to compliment the DH BC and DH Washington guidebooks presently available.

To anyone not familiar with Destination Highways guidebooks I shall give you a quote from their website.

The guidebooks provide you with all the information on how to find these roads, what to expect when you ride them and where to find all the things that go with a good ride like restaurants and accomodations.

I have the guidebook for British Columbia and I can tell you that the ratings they give each road for twistiness and quality of pavement and more are very accurate. I have used my book to plan more than one routing to include as much winding road as possible.

I could say lots more but I think a few links to their website will provide you with much more than I could say. Enjoy the ride!!!

Destination Highways Washington

Destination Highways British Columbia

Destination Highways Northern California

DH1 BC

DH1 Washington

76401[/snapback]

Hey Jim, meet you at Kaslo this summer!! :drink:

Hey Jim, meet you at Kaslo this summer!! :drink:

76429[/snapback]

Absolutely. I'll let you know when Jay Leno is going to be in Fauqier too.

Another thing about the Destination Highways guidebooks. They let you know what places are motorcycle friendly for accomodation and also what places give you a discount for bikers.

I hope they have an Oregon version out soon so we can travel up and down the west coast getting lost!!

Absolutely. I'll let you know when Jay Leno is going to be in Fauqier too.

Another thing about the Destination Highways guidebooks. They let you know what places are motorcycle friendly for accomodation and also what places give you a discount for bikers.

I hope they have an Oregon version out soon so we can travel up and down the west coast getting lost!!

76487[/snapback]

Hey, what are you guys talking about with Kaslo, my favourite little town in the Kootenays, at least for breakfast! And Jay Leno in Fauqier?? What's going on guys, I'm out of the loop.

BTW, Fauqier, I pronounce it "fo-keer", yet some say it's "foquee-ay". What do you guys say?

Ciao, Steve G.

Hey, what are you guys talking about with Kaslo, my favourite little town in the Kootenays, at least for breakfast! And Jay Leno in Fauqier?? What's going on guys, I'm out of the loop.

BTW, Fauqier, I pronounce it "fo-keer", yet some say it's "foquee-ay". What do you guys say?

Ciao, Steve G.

77442[/snapback]

According to the owner of the Mushroom Addition restaurant in Fauquier Jay Leno will be riding through the Monashees and on to the Slocan Valley this summer. We shall see, I suppose but the owner has said he will email me when he knows the timing. Check Mushroom Addition .

Having worked many,many weeks in Fauquier during the winter when the weather is terrible and flying is often not possible I usually pronounce it 'Foggy, eh!'.

According to the owner of the Mushroom Addition restaurant in Fauquier Jay Leno will be riding through the Monashees and on to the Slocan Valley this summer. We shall see, I suppose but the owner has said he will email me when he knows the timing. Check Mushroom Addition .

Having worked many,many weeks in Fauquier during the winter when the weather is terrible and flying is often not possible I usually pronounce it 'Foggy, eh!'.

77447[/snapback]

Ahh yes, the Mushroom Addition, been there many times. If you ever stop there and need fuel, you should know that his [87] octane pump only is in fact 91, good enough to get you down the road for octane sensitive V11/Lemans engines.

Wonder if Wolfgang is planning on a stop at Wolfgang's rally, I think he's got some Laverdas.

Ciao, Steve G.