From the Isle

guzziownr

Whenever I see those "Runnin' from the Law" videos on the net it always looks like the offenders are crawling along. Not so the modern bikes on this video. I thought I recognized a few faces in the "classic" portion (Prince of Wales?, Duke?, Ago?) but perhaps someone more knowlegeable could ID some of the bikes and participants.

History of racing

gphistory03.jpg

Whenever I see those "Runnin' from the Law" videos on the net it always looks like the offenders are crawling along.  Not so the modern bikes on this video.  I thought I recognized a few faces in the "classic" portion (Prince of Wales?, Duke?, Ago?) but perhaps someone more knowlegeable could ID some of the bikes and participants.

History of racing

gphistory03.jpg

76698[/snapback]

From the old clips, I thought I say in this order; Stanley Woods, Geoff Duke, John Surtees, Giacomo Agostini, Mike Hailwood. I stand corrected, but I thought I saw a glimpse of Phil Read as well.

Ciao, Steve G.

:) ..if you get the chance have a look at ;;the history of the TT;; a duke video-dvd. it is awsome covers the history 1907- 2000 . i'm aligning my life to be there for centennary next year. (if g.w or terrorism doesn't get me] ciao gazza.

(if g.w or terrorism doesn't get me] ciao gazza.

76749[/snapback]

I think the chance of that is probably low. Similar to your chance of winning a substantial amount in a government lottery. In other words, very very unlikely.

I think the chance of that is probably low. Similar to your chance of winning a substantial amount in a government lottery. In other words, very very unlikely.

76764[/snapback]

But, if it happens, it's life-changing........

Is that Bob MacIntyre on the Gilera with the dustbin fairing?

The late Richard Britton with the green helmet.

Ryan Farquar on the no1 Kawa

Jason Griffiths on no10 Yamaha?

Adrian Archibald on no3 Suzuki( or was that Bruce Anstey)