The Griso they should have made

Morris Sod

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No No No .... another Hardley wanna be. The Griso must be a big muscular naked sports bike much like its Centaro father. I have never seen one in the flesh but from the pics Iv'e seen the Griso looks pretty nice.

Waspp

I think rather than comparing to a Greaseball, its more in the vein of a Jackal or Stone and looks much more purposeful and muscular than them.

I see the UK dealers now have red Grisos in stock rather than just black- can't wait to see a yella one.

Guy  :helmet:

77813[/snapback]

Good call GR...

It would be a huge improvement on a Jackal or Stone

Looks and marketing wise.

It's a nasty thing to do to a stand alone, break with the pack Grisso

No No No .... another Hardley wanna be. The Griso must be a big muscular naked sports bike much like its Centaro father. I have never seen one in the flesh but from the pics Iv'e seen the Griso looks pretty nice.

Waspp

77834[/snapback]

It looks good in the flesh too. I seen it at the bike show in Cleveland. I'm keeping my v11 though :whistle:

The back end is just plain damn old fashioned in my opinion.

I agree about the Rocket 3 though. They beat the Vmax in every way, including ugliness.

77765[/snapback]

Don't care about fashion. I care about functionality. Mudguards are there to catch crap and that one will do it much better than the Griso's. I don't know how modern machines get away with flouting the C&R regs so blatantly. Probably something to do with the importers deciding if they conform........

mike

I don't know how modern machines get away with flouting the C&R regs so blatantly. 

mike

77879[/snapback]

Do they?? In what respect. I thought we had quite strict regulations in the UK?

Do they?? In what respect. I thought we had quite strict regulations in the UK?

77892[/snapback]

The C&R regs state something like "mudguards must, as far as practicable, prevent spray"

Of course, the loophole is that every mudguard catches spray as far as _it_ is capable. Which is why following an HGV on a wet day is like riding in fog. One of the greatest steps forward in road safety would be the design of properly functional spray suppression. It would stop many, many accidents.

To go back to bikes, the pitiful excuse for mudguarding is one of the reasons that motorcycle cosmetics and electrics have such a poor reputation for durability. My Mondeo is just coming up to 140,000 miles. It has had two new bulbs. The Guzzi is due for a complete rewire at 90,000 and I think that is spectacularly reliable.

The failing with the C&R regs is that importers are allowed to provide a certificate of compliance. Now, there are reams and reams of C&R regs. Even for number plates there are rules on size, location, colour, text font, spacing, size, colour. Do you think the importers go through every model in that sort of detail?

mike

The C&R regs state something like "mudguards must, as far as practicable, prevent spray"

Of course, the loophole is that every mudguard catches spray as far as _it_ is capable.  Which is why following an HGV on a wet day is like riding in fog.  One of the greatest steps forward in road safety would be the design of properly functional spray suppression.  It would stop many, many accidents.

To go back to bikes, the pitiful excuse for mudguarding is one of the reasons that motorcycle cosmetics and electrics have such a poor reputation for durability.  My Mondeo is just coming up to 140,000 miles.  It has had two new bulbs.  The Guzzi is due for a complete rewire at 90,000 and I think that is spectacularly reliable.

The failing with the C&R regs is that importers are allowed to provide a certificate of compliance.  Now, there are reams and reams of C&R regs.  Even for number plates there are rules on size, location, colour, text font, spacing, size, colour.  Do you think the importers go through every model in that sort of detail?

mike

78039[/snapback]

Some HGVs are fitted with shrouds and hairy material inside the mudguards which seems pretty efficient. The best I have seen though is that porous internally drained blacktop. There are a few sections of motorway with it and it is spray free even in a downpour. However I believe New Liebour prefers slippy impervious SMA because life is cheap.

Spartaco._2_jpg.jpg

Thought Guiseppe and Paolo could have thrown this together on a Friday arvo from the parts bin instead of the current Griso.

77742[/snapback]

I like the Griso, and therefore don't agree with 'instead'.

Who wants something thrown together? If they keep at it, maybe they'll deliberately engineer something you like.

This "Spartaco" (?) is interesting. Missing any turn signals/ mirrors. The seat is velvet? That silver/metal colored bracket below the seat ruins the look, paint it the fender/tank color. Goofy retro gas filler cap. Tiny gauges.

Nope, I'd rather have the real Griso instead of a greasy 'taco. :D

I like the Griso, and therefore don't agree with 'instead'.

Who wants something thrown together? If they keep at it, maybe they'll deliberately engineer something you like.

This "Spartaco" (?) is interesting. Missing any turn signals/ mirrors. The seat is velvet? That silver/metal colored bracket below the seat ruins the look, paint it the fender/tank color. Goofy retro gas filler cap. Tiny gauges.

Nope, I'd rather have the real Griso instead of a greasy 'taco. :D

78369[/snapback]

I see a friend of yours has/or had a Suzuki Maruader I started on one of those. I loved that thing(for awhile) heck of a economical short touring bike I kinda miss the confort it offered but not the suspension it had hit any bumps Yuck. I like the big breva more than the griso after seeing in person and siting on them. I'll wait until something better comes out till I drop money on it. My current goose has far too many miles left in her to worry about adding a new one right now. :huh2:

Picture008.jpg

Some HGVs are fitted with shrouds and hairy material inside the mudguards which seems pretty efficient. The best I have seen though is that porous internally drained blacktop. There are a few sections of motorway with it and it is spray free even in a downpour. However I believe New Liebour prefers slippy impervious SMA because life is cheap.

78103[/snapback]

The shrouds only work in a so-so manner. The road surface was trialled up here. We have had some for about 8 years now. It's a bit unnerving at first, as it looks really greasy, but it works excellently. It also reduces road noise considerably.

m

I see a friend of yours has/or had a Suzuki Maruader I started on one of those. I loved that thing(for awhile) heck of a economical short touring bike I kinda miss the confort it offered but not the suspension it had hit any bumps Yuck. I like the big breva more than the griso after seeing in person and siting on them. I'll wait until something better comes out till I drop money on it. My current goose has far too many miles left in her to worry about adding a new one right now.  :huh2:

78371[/snapback]

Yes, my best friend Teejay did indeed have (still does, not sold yet) a Marauder. I had the honor of riding it home for him the day he bought it. I agree the suspension was not really adequate. Otherwise, excellent bang for the buck, and a good choice for a starter.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping, the Breva and Griso are only the beginning. :mg:

Still have less than 100 miles on my new Breva :) , damn the snow! :doh: