rear fender eliminator

Guest rosso mandello

Guest rosso mandello

I need to get rid of the standard rear fender, i think it is too big. I am looking for a small unit that holds both stopligth, backlight and licenceplate light.

Any suggestions, ciao Moges,

I need to get rid of the standard rear fender, i think it is too big. I am looking for a small unit that holds both stopligth, backlight and licenceplate light.

78175[/snapback]

I installed the FBF kit. Inexpensive, less than one hour to install and it looks great. I did not reuse the stock turn signals. I purchased LED turn signals from a local dealership and installed them.

Just one thing I did not like was the kit did not come with a cover for the hole left under the fender where the bracket attaches to the frame. I made one myself from a flat piece of ALU. Piece of cake.

• 1 year later...

The mudflap on my ballabio feels big enough to need a "Mudflap Chick"** and I'd just as soon get rid of the extra plastic.

Does anyone have pictures of the Rossopuro rear mudflap replacment installed? On the site, the bracket looks like it's sized for bigger Euro plates rather than US. I have seen a couple of custom fab solutions on the site and various bikes but I am hoping for a bolt-on solution to get rid of the oversized plastic protrubrance while retaining the taillight, turnsignals and plate position.

Suggestions?

**Not sure if the "Mudflap Chick" is an international icon or not. For the non-new worlders on the forum, these used to show up on US semi trucks and have recently gradually migrated to SUV and other sport trucks as well as a number of clothing options (http://yque.com/mudgirtshirb.html) by hipsters working the irony factor.

I've ordered one of Paul Minnaerts carbon tails, should be here any day now(made to order-patience required!!) :D Zen kick-the "mudflap chick" is sadly international I'm afraid. I dont have any but I do drive a "semi" as you colonial chaps call them... :grin:

The mudflap on my ballabio feels big enough to need a "Mudflap Chick"** and I'd just as soon get rid of the extra plastic.

Uh, you mean a "mudflap madonna" or "highway madonna?" They're a good luck charm, don't drive a semi that is not under their watchful gaze...

:grin:

:mg:

Uh, you mean a "mudflap madonna" or "highway madonna?" They're a good luck charm, don't drive a semi that is not under their watchful gaze...

Now I know about "Dashboard Marys" and about carrying St. Christopher's medals (got one on my truck visor) but I have never heard about highway madonnas. Do you know the origin of the label?

Given the lack of eyes and clothes on the icon shouldn't it be: "...don't drive a semi that is not under their watchfull a$$?" ;-{}

The Kelly Baker piece is very nice.

WCB - Have you a picture? Saw a V11 in action on the site but no product listing or photos. I sent mail but thought perhaps you'd have faster info?

I made a bracket that holds the stock lights - it wasn't hard. I sent a template to Greg Field, don't know if he's made one yet. I am waiting to get one cut on a water jet, and may start selling them. Joe

2856guzzi_tail_ligh.jpg

guzzi_tail.JPG

Does anyone have pictures of the Rossopuro rear mudflap replacment installed? On the site, the bracket looks like it's sized for bigger Euro plates rather than US. I have seen a couple of custom fab solutions on the site and various bikes but I am hoping for a bolt-on solution to get rid of the oversized plastic protrubrance while retaining the taillight, turnsignals and plate position.

I am thinking of ordering the rossopuro one , on the site it has 2 options one for italy (european :huh2: )plates and one for US plates. Just wondering if it leaves wiring exposed, Would like to see a picture as well of one fitted from underneath. By the way the italians are on holiday :drink: so you may have to wait, better to email first. :thumbsup:

Gary :mg:

Jury Rigged - - -

Starboardqtr.jpg

cfhuggerrepsol.jpg

Is that legal, the cops would have a fit trying to read that no. plate over here. (nice job though) :bike:

Where did you get the mudguard, I want one :thumbsup: