Shed!

Guest Nogbad

Looks good. Are you having the double one? Does it have any sort of lining? If not, consider lining it out with something: wood [chip-board will do nicely] or even polystyrene sheet held on by wooden battening. Your bikes will stay humidity-free if you do this, I find.

Bob

Looks good. Are you having the double one? Does it have any sort of lining? If not, consider lining it out with something: wood [chip-board will do nicely] or even polystyrene sheet held on by wooden battening. Your bikes will stay humidity-free if you do this, I find.

Bob

78788[/snapback]

Yes. They were doing a deal on the double one complete with flooring, shelves and alarm. I'm intending to put a membrane underneath before bolting it down to the existing concrete. I was thinking of lining the inside as you suggest, and also installing a small electric frost / anti-condensation heater. I can arrange a differential thermostat to keep the inside a degree or so above the outside temperature, or even better use a humidistat to turn the heater on anytime saturation occurs.

I think those are super. I ended up going through the hell of hysterical district bureacracy and building a garage, but before--and certainly during!--that ordeal, I considered those, and even looked into transatlantic shipping, as I could not find a US counterpart quite as good.

Let us know how that turns out.

Bill

Make sure you have enough room in your shed for a sofa, stove, fridge, telly, bed, shower, hi-fi and TV.

Guy  :helmet:

78798[/snapback]

??? :huh: ?? I don't intend to live in it....!

When I lived in Yorkshire I had a bike shed with: insulation, heating, bench, mechanic's vice, shelving, pillar drill, lathe, bike table, fridge [for the beer], compressor and several dying or dead Triumphs.....in roughly descending order of importance. Now I have a barn with Guzzis, Armstrong and chickens in it with everything else scattered around several buildings....but I'm getting there.

I think those are super.  I ended up going through the hell of hysterical district bureacracy and building a garage, but before--and certainly during!--that ordeal, I considered those, and even looked into transatlantic shipping, as I could not find a US counterpart quite as good.

Let us know how that turns out.

Bill

78796[/snapback]

Bill,

When you were looking, which (similar) American maufacturers did you find?

Tim

???  :huh: ?? I don't intend to live in it....!

78806[/snapback]

I thought that was the whole point :huh:

as in,"honey, I'm just popping out to check the air in the tyres"....

...6 hours later :grin:

I can almost hear the Bad Company blaring from the stereo :lol:

Guest citimoto

I keep meaning to build a shed too but I have been keeping my bike in my office. Top floor of an old cotton warehouse, freight elevator, key pad entry to building. I just put in a small fridge and pull out sofa. If I get cable and a good TV Im never leaving (The Y is down the street if I need to shower). Ill see my wife and kids here by appointment only I think. Oh yeah theres an oyster bar on the bottom level with scantily clad waitresses that will run food/drink up to me. Im never leaving. ever.

I have a 10 ft by 12 ft motorcycle shed with full elec. It is built on a concrete pad and has enough room to work on one bike (and be able to get all around it). All my tools are there (such as they are) as well as all supplies (oil, etc.) I usually park two bikes there. :bike:

I spend many an hour there. Most of the time because I want to; sometimes because the wife sends me out there... :P

Bill,

When you were looking, which (similar) American maufacturers did you find?

Tim

78829[/snapback]

I looked at lots of options and can't recall now the details, tho I think (because I'm organizationally challenged) that I still have stuff I printed from the web. As a refresher, tho, just googled "motorcycle shed," and got lots, many of which seemed familar ... including the first pop: nogbad's!