Air Box Mod?

Ballacraine

Nige, FYI - The aluminum is 3/4" x 1/8" strap with a couple of pieces of 1/16" angle pop-riveted on for mounting tabs.  It's as simple as it looks, but o'course, it takes longer than you think to fab it up and get all the dimensions nice 'n snugly. -_-

79588[/snapback]

I bet it does. :o

Looks a nice job BTW.

I think I would have stuck with attacking the lid! :D

Nige. B)

Ballacraine

as Guy has mentioned I have a moded airbox (when I'm not running pods), just to clarify something though, he said I do not have a lid at all which is not quite true, I have a cut down lid as suggested by Raceco a few years ago, this allows the filter to be held down without making a new clamp (although that probably isn't too difficult and enables you to keep the standard airbox lid although I personally would never go back to standard). I'll attempt to add a picture but if it fails its on the following web link under the "Technical" section.

http://www.raceco.com/

Once set up with a custom map from Hobbsport it ran very strong as Guzziriders comments testify, and I too got better mpg, very happy  :grin:

Mal  :helmet:

79617[/snapback]

That is the pic I remember seeing from a while back. Thanks for posting it again.

I think that config looks favourite so far.

Do you find it noisy on intake roar?

Nige. B)

Ballacraine

I personally don't find the intake roar any problem at all (to be honest I hardly notice it and its certainly quieter than the roar from the pods I sometimes use) although I've heard some folk on this forum complain about it.

I've done tons of long trips including several abroad to Italy, France etc and not been bothered by it once.

Mal :helmet:

A stock airbox on EBAY in case anybody wants a spare one to horribly butcher and disfigure in their horsepower quest  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTO-GUZZI-...614378599QQrdZ1

Get that knife out!

Guy  :helmet:

79744[/snapback]

I've been thinking about it. You might notice a red circle at the bottom of my signature :homer:

Guest citimoto

ok stupid question but I cant seem to find the answer anuwhere. I just received my bmc filter and bracket from FBF. Now what the hell do I do with it? I am incredibly mechanically uninclined but felt this would be straight forward. Anyone have any pics of how to change out or even some written steps? i was going to put it on myself and then send off to the local dealer for tuning and/or PC.

thanks

chris

Guest ratchethack

Chris, your Guzzi is the same as mine. The "short story" is: Remove tank, remove stock airbox cover, install filter and bracket.

The tank is removed by unscrewing the single bolt at the rear of the tank under the seat. The gas lines have to be disconnected at the fuel pressure regulator under the right rear of the tank and under the left rear at the electric fuel tap. Best beware of pressurized gas spraying when you remove the gas-line clamps. There are also two electrical connections under the left rear that need to be disconnected (fuel tap and fuel level sensor). With this done, gently lift the rear of the tank and look forward through the tunnel. You will see 2 drain/vent hoses forward, at the top of the tunnel. Reach forward and pop 'em off their barbs. Then it's a matter of lowering the tank back down on its mounting tab, sliding it rearward off the mounting rubbers at the front of the frame, and "jockeying" the tank up and off. Best have a near-empty tank before you start. Another thing - the electric fuel tap will scratch the finish off your left-hand side cover in the process unless you protect it. I slap masking tape on it. Works like a champ.

NOTE TO SELF - Instead of using a great big gob of protective tape on the side-cover, why not put a smaller amount of tape on the fuel tap instead? :doh: Y'see - I learn sumpin' new here every day!

Hope this helps.

Good luck! :luigi:

EDIT: I responded to your signature info that indicates a 2000 Sport. I just noticed your avatar info, and it says, "Guzzi: 1150 gs" - but that's one o' them BayerischMotorenWerkeZwillingsWaffen bikes?!?!

Vas gibt?!?!?! :huh2:

There are also two electrical connections under the left rear that need to be disconnected (fuel tap and fuel level sensor).

81014[/snapback]

If you have a manual fuel tap you will have to shut that, but then you can forget about the electrical connector for the fuel tap :bier:

You may find it is also a good time to replace fuel filter, fuel lines, and put some silicone lube on the wire connectors accessible under the tank.