MAG engined Lady from Antwerp, 500 ccm, 1926

haha, found your refuge!

EDIT: it might also be a Standard Tourer BT500, 1932 with the same engine, very similar in design

79742[/snapback]

Well its established, a 500cc MAG engine, otherwise Wrong, wrong and wrong. :huh2: This isn't a prototype apparently a short lived higher end production bike for its time. Had many neat accessories. :grin:

Weird. Twin exhausts, saddle tank, well rim tyres, drum brakes, slopnig engine and electric lights place it around 1930 but ungated gearlever is much earlier.

Proprietary gearbox and engine.

Could be one of thousands of manufacturers. I'll just take the wildest guess at Imperia, date 1929. Model is very odd, as it has "touring" accoutrements (wide tyres, decent mudguards) but an unsilenced exhaust. I'll plump for "sports" model.

its killing me, this. DeBen is going to get me sacked

It looks a lot like the Motosacoche bikes of 1933-35 except for the exhaust (whoc might be special), and the tilted engine. I havent seen one bike with a tilted MAG-engine like this since lunch, except a race special from 1928.

Also some of the Condor bikes is similar...like the Grand Sport of 1931...

The engine must be the Sport Luxe engine, which seems to be the lates model., pointing to a date later than 1930...

It looks a lot like the Motosacoche bikes of 1933-35 except for the exhaust (whoc might be special), and the tilted engine. I havent seen one bike with a tilted MAG-engine like this since lunch, except a race special from 1928.

The engine must be the Sport Luxe engine, which seems to be the  lates model., pointing to a date later than 1930...

79765[/snapback]

I did wonder about Condor but I couldn't find anything that looks like this. That dinky little toolbox on the back should be a stylistic giveaway but, again, no sign of anything like it so far.

m

The engine must be the Sport Luxe engine, which seems to be the  lates model., pointing to a date later than 1930...

79765[/snapback]

The exhast appears close or is stock. Its a little more rare than a Motosacoche It is just using their engine similar to say Ural I assume(I hope I didn't give too much away :o ), and I did say they were a little ahead of and Higher line for their time. You ppl are getting close. I'm becoming worried. :grin: