Received the new Forum T-shirt yesterday

Bbennett

grappa is like the fire water of wines.  :bbblll:

79958[/snapback]

Hey, Ben, coming to docc's rally in Sweetwater in July? My best buddy, Scott, has something for you. :P

Seriously, at one time, I think you may have been right about grappa, tho it's not really a wine. Instead, it's a distilled liquor, a sort of schnapps, but, rather than pears or all the other (and some truly strange) things used to make schnapps, grappa is made from the leavings of grapes after the pressing that made wine.

Actually, while I do like the rustico types, there are some very sophisticated versions that one actually sips and tastes, not merely tosses back neat or uses to "correct" espresso. Really.

So, if you like Italian motorcycles, you should consider completing the experience by trying grappa again. Besides, applied properly, it can make girls do some fascinating things. 'Course, being an old fat man, I'm going from memory here. :drink::D

Hey, Ben, coming to docc's rally in Sweetwater in July?   My best buddy, Scott, has something for you.  :P

Seriously, at one time, I think you may have been right about grappa, tho it's not really a wine.  Instead, it's a distilled liquor, a sort of schnapps, but, rather than pears or all the other (and some truly strange) things used to make schnapps, grappa is made from the leavings of grapes after the pressing that made wine.

Actually, while I do like the rustico types, there are some very sophisticated versions that one actually sips and tastes, not merely tosses back neat or uses to "correct" espresso.  Really.

So, if you like Italian motorcycles, you should consider completing the experience by trying grappa again.  Besides, applied properly, it can make girls do some fascinating things.   'Course, being an old fat man, I'm going from memory here.   :drink::D

79972[/snapback]

You ever ride all the way up here and I know a Real nice restuarant bar that stocks maybe 5-10 varieties of grappa, we'll throw a few back. :drink:

You ever ride all the way up here and I know a Real nice restuarant bar that stocks maybe 5-10 varieties of grappa, we'll throw a few back.  :drink:

79975[/snapback]

Deal. I get there very other year or so. Last time, Lee Bruns got me over to Betty's Bike & Buns. No grappa, but fun. http://www.bettysbikesandbuns.com/index.ph...1ab182eb21c5294

Deal.  I get there very other year or so.  Last time, Lee Bruns got me over to Betty's Bike & Buns.  No grappa, but fun.  http://www.bettysbikesandbuns.com/index.ph...1ab182eb21c5294

79982[/snapback]

Bettys is a great place to go there is another biker hangout but mostly BMW and hog wannabe's go there and thats a bad lot. I like bettys they have malts so thick you need a chisel. I was actually thinking the Palomino downtown they have a whole rack of grappa. http://www.palomino.com/index.php?cook=1&l...ons=Minneapolis