Handlebar Installation

Guest rotorhead

Unfortunately, my riding ability has improved and I'm less happy with the upright seating for track days.  I'm considering moving to "convertibars", so I don't have to swap everything over everytime I do one.  YMMV.

79820[/snapback]

SEEE now what you do is, you buy a second Guzzi for track days now. I suggest the MGS-01. No one can be happy with JUST one goose. Just look at the other ppl on this board.

:ninja:

I think you are correct, but you can always bend your elbows.

And an advantage is that going down hill, if you are seated back and more upright, I believe the weight distribution is better and you have better control.

79918[/snapback]

Dammit, there's precious few hills in Iowa!!! :angry:

After a long hiatus from riding, I have taken a while to become comfortable with my V11 Naked's handling. My initial impressions were similar to OldButNotDead's, that these bikes needed a lot of input from the bars. I also felt that the bike was quite "top heavy". I would have to admit to some rather quite scary moments in the early period of ownership. After asking for advice from the forum at the time of rear tyre replacement, I decided to downsize from the standard 180/55 to a 170/60 rear. This, coupled with ditching the stock BT020's made a huge change for me. The bike turns in a lot quicker and my confidence  has grown with the new rubber.

79967[/snapback]

Hmmmm...you're braver than me. :bier: I considered this, but chickened out. I switched to Diablos but didn't downsize; helped a bit. Maybe if I switched back to clipons with a 170 rear...

What tires are you running?

SEEE now what you do is, you buy a second Guzzi for track days now. I suggest the MGS-01. No one can be happy with JUST one goose. Just look at the other ppl on this board.

:ninja:

79969[/snapback]

Got a different drummer here. One's enough for me....until I find time/money/space/patiemce for an SV650 and Duc 748. Then, I'd love a clean Eldorado.

OldButNotDead, I fitted Continental ContiForce tyres. German designed, made in Korea, now a near bottom of the barrel selection. But for me, still a far better product than those originally fitted. The 170/60 is only 10mm narrower and able to be fitted to the 5.5 inch rim and also has slightly larger circumference than the 180/55. It was no problem for me to change sizes. If your riding style entails dragging pegs and mufflers then it might not be the correct option but it works very well for me.

Rob