Production

G.POLEGATO

The Thruxton is one of my top six bikes to put in my garage, but I own #1. I could have bought a Thruxton, TBS, 675 triple, SS1000, ZX7R, or another aprilia, but I didn't.

Someone once said when you are ready for a V11, it will be ready for you. (or words to that effect). :bier:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack
Someone once said when you are ready for a V11, it will be ready for you. (or words to that effect). :bier:

"When the student is ready, the Master appears." -_-

- ancient Chinese proverb

Sad news, I love the look/handling/character of the lemans, mine is a keeper for sure. They will probably bring that name "lemans" back around in a few years with some styling changes as they have done in the past (sure beats the name "Norge").

Sad news, I love the look/handling/character of the lemans, mine is a keeper for sure. They will probably bring that name "lemans" back around in a few years with some styling changes as they have done in the past (sure beats the name "Norge").

80430[/snapback]

"Norge" is close to "Barge" I guess it will be at home in the company of fully loaded Beemer RTs, Gold Wings and Pan Europeans

"Norge" is close to "Barge" I guess it will be at home in the company of fully loaded Beemer RTs, Gold Wings and Pan Europeans

80457[/snapback]

Anyone who's had a friend trying to keep up with them on proper roads, on holiday, on a Pan, as I have, will echo this statement [the friend is a good rider: the bike was the problem].

The Norge will probably be fine on motorways, wearing its tyres flat in the middle!

Here's to proper bikes and proper roads!

True dat!

80120[/snapback]

I have had precious few bikes that make me smile and the Rossa Corsa gives me one from ear to ear...its inspiring, a sensual experince of sound and feel and everything else a REAL motorcycle has... the Dutch magazine writers must simply have been brought up on Japanese 4's . Good no doubt but they lack that smile factor (well, for me anyway)..

And as for stopping the V11, I'm just glad I got mine when I did....so was the bank manager cos I put it on my mortgage!! Would i do it again? YOU BET.

Anyone who's had a friend trying to keep up with them on proper roads, on holiday, on a Pan, as I have, will echo this statement [the friend is a good rider: the bike was the problem].

The Norge will probably be fine on motorways, wearing its tyres flat in the middle!

Here's to proper bikes and proper roads!

80458[/snapback]

I wish I had some better roads. OH there are some decent rides around here (as in scenic) but they are all flat and nearly devoid of curves. even the curves I've found are so lazy its no wonder harley and honda out number everyone 127to3. I did take a 10mph (suggested) bend with a pack of jap bikes. They didn't know how to use it or when they'd just fly on the straights but I almost took one out thinking he could actually take a turn on the peice of crap.

"When the student is ready, the Master appears."

80377[/snapback]

Hey Ratchet, you called?