did later Sports also benefit from LeMans changes

not_scooter_Scura!

It's got bugger all to do with the final drive, it's all about the engagement dogs in the gearbox. Note also that the author of this piece of drivel states that the LeMans is a quicker steering machine than the earlier V11's, with fatter tyres and a longer wheelbase, yup, right! :bbblll: The author is an idiot. ignore him.

pete

Re-reading the *article* I think that the writer was actually tring to make a comparison between the 1100 Sport which has the old five speed, and the V11 which had the six speed. The fact that he can't even get the machine designation right would seem to indicate that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about though.

pete

The final drive from the six-speed gearbox has also been altered to eliminate the backlash which was a real nuisance on the V11 Sport. Riding that in town was always jerky, but this has been completely cured. And as well as making life more pleasant for rider and passenger in slow-moving traffic, the effects of throttle movements in corners are tamed significantly.

The recall on the tranny did some dubious things that sort of fit that description.

It is much more likely that the latter bike he rode was just better tuned, but on hearing that the tranny was improved, he probably falsely attributed it to that.

From the recall notice

"Stronger shit sleeves and redesigned Cush-drive assembly employed in production since May 2001 will be Installed."

Not sure what the redesigned Cush-drive assembly is, but I could see why someone might attribute (falsely or otherwise) backlash and jerky driving to the earlier Cush-drive.

It is much more likely that the latter bike he rode was just better tuned, but on hearing that the tranny was improved, he probably falsely attributed it to that.

From the recall notice

80142[/snapback]

I've found that you can alter the "backlash" and surge by playing with the throttle bodies. I've tuned mine out completely, after much fiddling.

That's the internal 'cush-drive' which looks like a stack of washers leading to the output shaft. There hasn't been much discussion of it here.

I had the impression there were changes in it as well as the 'sliding dogs.' The slop in my gearbox was surely much improved with the new gearbox.

What's the word from you guys who have actually done the recall?

80173[/snapback]

The only difference I noticed was that it shifted a little worse and leaked oil.

Playing with the adjuster under the acorn got the shifting to be better than ever.

The oil leak was more fun than a thread full of hooters :D

Guest ratchethack

Docc, if I didn't TRUST the Chief Wrench at the local dealer - AND have VERIFICATION in the form of a signed-off "official" dealer work order that holds them responsible for completing the recall work, I wouldn't know it had been done. :huh2:

But RedLine shockproof heavy in the trans - NOW y'er talkin' about somethin' that really makes a noticable positive difference! :thumbsup:

BAA, TJM, & YMMV

well he is right that there is a difference between the two bikes. But the rest doesn't seem to the point.

Geometry wise there are only two types v11. The first are the red framed ones and rosso mandello, the second is all what has come behind that.

80027[/snapback]

Oh so the Rosso Mandello is a shorter wheelbase one as well? I thought it was like a Scura with Marz suspension.

I am keeping an eye on one here: Rosso Mandello

He says clutch replaced only because was slipping... after dealer attempted factory recall (or adjustment) - don't know what this is about...