Noticed my running light was out

Bbennett

Was headed out on the V11 in the afternoon and passed by a large series of mirrored windows alongside the street. As is my habit, I glanced to see if my running light was working. I looked to see the barely perceptible red glow in the windows from my running light and...hmmm, I couldn't. I dismounted at the the next stoplight and sure enough, the brake light worked but the running light was out. Off the road, it was clear it was not a fuse problem and so I headed home for a spare bulb.

What is the point of this post?

Just a reminder that you can use reflections (back of the SUV in front of you, windows along a street) to verify correct operation of your lights. It beats getting pulled over or worse...

FWIW

Was headed out on the V11 in the afternoon and passed by a large series of mirrored windows alongside the street.  As is my habit, I glanced to see if my running light was working.  I looked to see the barely perceptible red glow in the windows from my running light and...hmmm, I couldn't.  I dismounted at the the next stoplight and sure enough, the brake light worked but the running light was out.  Off the road, it was clear it was not a fuse problem and so I headed home for a spare bulb.

What is the point of this post?

Just a reminder that you can use reflections (back of the SUV in front of you, windows along a street) to verify correct operation of your lights.  It beats getting pulled over or worse...

FWIW

80732[/snapback]

I thought most ppl did this anyway? :huh2: I know I always take a glance mostly its more like. Whoa look at that hot stud on a goose. yeah baby.