Missouri's Sweet Roads!

Guest geno929

Guest geno929

As a long time resident of the midwest and for the last 20 years in eastern Missouri, I have had access to some of the sweetest roads in the US. Well maintained and devoid of much traffic. It's a sportsbike riders dream. Just a few miles southwest of St.Louis the Ozark's valley's flow up and down like waves cresting on a beach. Add in good cheap food and friendly people and it's a recipe for fun! Come on out and enjoy!

I agree, sir. I've had some excellent adventures in Missou. The Ozarks are wonderful- friendly roads and friendly folks. And this is coming from a guy who grew up (growed up?) in TX.

I do try to stay out of East St. Louis, though.

As a long time resident of the midwest and for the last 20 years in eastern Missouri, I have had access to some of the sweetest roads in the US. Well maintained and devoid of much traffic. It's a sportsbike riders dream. Just a few miles southwest of St.Louis the Ozark's valley's flow up and down like waves cresting on a beach. Add in good cheap food and friendly people and it's a recipe for fun! Come on out and enjoy!

80941[/snapback]

Yes, indeedy.

Thou I have slabbed across the state many times, simply did not realize how great the roads are there until I attended the first wildguzzi rally in May 2004. Noel, in extreme SW corner.

I am not a rally guy at all, and generally prefer riding to scratching my belly and burping at a campfire with other past-primers. Still, a group of us headed west from Atlanta and had a grand time getting to and at the event. [As I had had my Ballabio in a U-Haul for much of the return trip--pawl spring education--that leg was less fun].

Seriously, southern Missouri and northern Arkansas (at least) were wonderful. I particularly remember (tho the competition is endless) SR 90 in SW Missouri. Yee ha.

Couldn't make last year's gathering, but I and several others (including non-Guzzisti I've sold the ride on) are going this year. If interested, see http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?PHPSE...7b&topic=2573.0

Hope to see some of you there. I'll be available, of course, for BOM autographs. :D

Couldn't make last year's gathering, but I and several others (including non-Guzzisti I've sold the ride on) are going this year.  If interested, see http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?PHPSE...7b&topic=2573.0

Hope to see some of you there.  I'll be available, of course, for BOM autographs.  :D

80957[/snapback]

But by May your moment of glory in the spotlight will have faded, and you will be remembered as that strange bike they put on the front to stir the lethargic V11 owners to send in there submissions (I'm tempted to send mine in as dire warning to what happens if you ride it all year and don't wash the salt off). Otherwise who knows what's next Enzo's RC51 Kryptomatic :(

Yes, indeedy.

Thou I have slabbed across the state many times, simply did not realize how great the roads are there until I attended the first wildguzzi rally in May 2004.  Noel, in extreme SW corner.

80957[/snapback]

That was a great rally. Sonya got the longest distance (female) rider award. I remember meeting you Bill- your bike is cleaner than mine.