Prices for 850T and T3

beauchemin

Prices range from 500 to 4K depending on condition, location, and a variety of other variables. 2500 seems to be about par for a clean machine in the midwest US.

3500 is what they fetch on either of the coasts. Fixer uppers are false economy, unless you are planning to scrap half the bike anyway. But then; All bikes of this vintage are arguably "fixxer uppers" if the machine has not had a recent going over. If it were me, I'd buy the nicer example that I could find. Repairing old junk is not half as rewarding as riding it.

81282[/snapback]

Ahh, but you don't understand. Mr. Beauchemin will end up redoing it anyways. There is always a lineup for bike which he loses interest in, such are his restoration skills. He is an incredible savior of old abused machines!

Ciao, Steve G.

:2c: Have recently sold my old, '85 T5. Had it 10 years, 190,000km still purring. For $4800AUS. Guy is really happy with it. Sold it the same week it was put on kerb for display. Buyer had to put another $500 to it for rego.

Guess I'm just a lucky Sod, sorry its gone but really luv the v11, replacement.

Where are you? 'Planet Earth' isn't really very helpfull :bbblll:  :grin:

British Columbia, Canada.

Prices range from 500 to 4K depending on condition, location, and a variety of other variables. 2500 seems to be about par for a clean machine in the midwest US.

3500 is what they fetch on either of the coasts. Fixer uppers are false economy, unless you are planning to scrap half the bike anyway. But then; All bikes of this vintage are arguably "fixxer uppers" if the machine has not had a recent going over. If it were me, I'd buy the nicer example that I could find. Repairing old junk is not half as rewarding as riding it.

81282[/snapback]

I agree that buying the nicest one possible is the way to go. I'm prepared to pay $2500 for a clean original bike. On the other hand, I would like to make a special similar to a 750S, so I'll buy a fixxer-upper if the price is right.