V11S Motor in Tonti Frame

guzzijack

Hi,

I'm about to fit a V11 Sport engine into my LM V Tonti frame (with the 5 speed 'box) and have just had a look at the breather arrangement.

I see that the V11 oil return from the frame runs to the rear of the sump in a single stainless braided line which is banjoed to the main frame spine. This is a different arrangement from the twin rubber return lines from the rear of the Tonti to the the heads on the LM V.

Question is: is there any reason why I can't just join the two returns from the Tonti and run them down to the V11 sump? Also is this in any way pressurised (reason why it's run in stainless braided line instead of good ole rubber) or is it because of the wear factor being a bit more exposed?

Graham

Contact Todd at Guzzitech or Mark at Moto Guzzi Classics (Long Beach California).  They installed a V11 motor in a Tonti frame a couple of years ago.

81531[/snapback]

Um... I know Mark put a HiCam into a loop frame [Mother Goose; 4valve in an Eldorado donor] but am unaware of others. Todd heavily modded a Jackal, but I think it's still all same-same wrt the original motor & frame combo.

As far as the original question regarding the braided stainless return vs. the old twin-rubber hose route: I think the factory chose to go w/ the braided for longevity reasons, not related to pressure, but hey, the xtra bling factor is worth using the braided line, isn't it? :thumbsup:

:mg:

Guest ratchethack
Todd heavily modded a Jackal, but I think it's still all same-same wrt the original motor & frame combo.

Nope. I've seen it up close and personal many times - before and after the conversion. It's a legit Sport engine shoe-horned into a Jackal Tonti frame, and a mighty fine one at that. :thumbsup:

One of the notable features of Todd's bike are the custom, "bitumen-ground" footpegs, which've been reduced to tiny stubs. :o

Details, including linked photo's here:

http://www.guzzitech.com/V11S-Jackal-Todd_E.html