First ride on a Griso

pete roper

thats two completely different paths: streetfighter or supersports. How can he choose?

I guess he doesnt mind revvy high strung engines...

I spoke to a guy riding a MV Brutale last summer, and he said it was abs fantastic as long as you kept it above 7000 rpms at all time. sounds a bit frantic to me. but its jewel-like in appearance.

The Busa? Wasnt that made for japanese midget testdrivers who could just fit behind the screen, in order to break 300 kph? Test drives today (european) renders it useless (compared to other bikes) if you're above 170 cms and run curves as well as straights. The game has moved on. Its an old dragbike. In Norway, you cant get rid of them these days.

The Griso will obviously be too laidback for him, that bike is for overweight grownups like me. :grin: The Monster is a very old design, despite the addition of ever bigger engines. Recent reviews suggests its beginning to show its age. Ducati desperately needs a restart for the streetfighter range, but cant afford it. I'd rather buy the Sport Classic or Paul Smart, because of the styling alone.

I say he choose between the MV Brutale and the Gixxer, and if I had that choice I would choose the Gixxer. Amazing levels of tech, as fast as most 1000 ccm's and as nimble as a 600. And when he is finished with revving the shit out of that bike and scaring himself, he can buy a Griso.

Well it's all settled! he got the M.V. Augusta Brutale 910 !!

picked it up today and has already been on the phone 5 times to tell me how cool it is and he loves it and , and, and !!!

it'll be interesting to keep tabs on this "other" :helmet: with a fine petigree!!

Thanks all!!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:!

Tremendous write-up...  I felt like I was riding instead of reading. You set quite a standard to follow.

Thank you for sharing.

81827[/snapback]

Indeed. I saw my first Griso on a bike show on Friday, got to sit on it and could vividly imagine how it felt to drive by recalling your report.

It was a lot nicer in the flesh than on pics, but the upright position needs changing. Straighter and a bit more narrow bar will be better, I think. But I liked it a lot. Especially from the right.

EDIT: But I must say, the Griso was stashed away in the dark corners of the exhibition, and seriously usptaged by the amazing Benelli Tornados and TNTs on the same stand. No Breva 1100, which shows lack of commitment by the Scandinavian distributor, I think.

The best show there was BMWs huge one, their new R1200S was simply gorgeous in silver and fit me like a glove (except for the price....nearly 33 thou dollars...)

Got to see the Ducce Sportclassics as well. Loved the look, but couldnt live with the riding position. Im too tall to drive a Ducati. And too fat, – I mean muscular...

Got to poke around the Buells for a while. I like them a lot, especially the lwb streetfighter, but I found several clues to dubious build quality on them: cracked plastics, loose gas handles...hmm...

Great write up pete, it reflects my experience greatly.

Different place and different bike but ohh the gear change may need freeing up in time but on the new bike it feels tight. I could get better changes onthe v11 when I'm trying. However, wot wins on the machine is the style, individuallising would be a must but what a platform to start with. I still think the gay set from Paddo will find this an ideal mount to pose in their leather vests and bumless chaps and they won't be soo interested in the loud exhausts and the streetfighter bars at the Mardi Gras/

Sorry to blow the illusion Pete but I reckon they might have that appeal.

Still the overall package still spoke to me, but would have really like to have thrown it at some corners.